• 133(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Thanks, I have been trying to deal with the series but really it doesn't work very well. However I think this is rather because of things like KODI or ME just weren't made for documentaries.
However I also can't seem to find a possibility to create movie sets from several files.
I sure must be overlooking something obvious?
RPI 3 with OSMC Aeon Nox and KODI 17.5
Probably. For Movie Sets you just need to do two things, the first is to use the Sets feature in something like ME, the second is to enable them in Kodi itself under the video library settings.
(2016-11-22, 04:37)garretn Wrote: the first is to use the Sets feature in something like ME.

Hm, where in the menu is this setting hidden?
In ME it's the second icon on the left-side menu, if you hover over it it'll say "Movie Sets"; in that section you can see all the currently defined sets.
Do I just define sets as I please? Where will the information be stored then? in the folder of the respective files? What if the files are from different folders? If I try to define sets, the information displayed is zero. But I have single .nfo-files which contain Information I have assigned to the single files not the set....
In addition to my above post 1978 I have a question:
I have a created a couple of .nfo-files in ME The film folders are all on my NAS where they are accessed by KODI.
If I export the KODI media library to files now, will these overwrite the files created wiht ME?
If so what are appropriate means to avoid this?
Thank you

(2016-11-13, 18:03)Quastenflosser Wrote: if it is possible to import data from Kodi?
I am running OSMC/Kodi on a RPI3.
Thank you !

EDIT: Also I wonder why it is possible to select the scraper for movies but not for series?
Ok, so I exported the database from KODI. While ME set up a lot of .nfo-files KODI exports just one big .xml-file. How useful is that?

EDIT Oh this was confusing. The German translation has 'single' and 'separate' files as a choice for saving information. Not an easy one...
That's how it's worded in English too, and yeah, it is confusing since it doesn't indicate in the dialog that "separate" files go to the actual media folders while "single" does not.

Mediaelch will read from the NFO's every time you load Mediaelch, however, Kodi only reads NFO files when doing the initial scrape. You can use the Sync button in ME (which literally removes it from your library and then has it scan it back in), or you can do the same yourself by either selecting to Refresh series/episodes/movies inside Kodi in the context menu or be removing/rescanning sources to do it en-mass.
Hm...
I am in the process of renaming my files and ME offers this handy rename command. However after renaming it doesn't find the files anymore it had been renaming. This is very strange. So in order to process them again in ME I have to change back the changes made by ME.
So, what is the most convenient way to get all the information from ME to KODI?

I have worked out the following steps in this order:

a. delete database in KODI (will KODI also delete actors and if so, will this part of the DB be recreated as well?)
b1. make KODI reread all the NFOs etc. (Questions: Must any file names be changed? I have seen a lot of inconsistency in ME (see post above) but as ME is made FOR KODI I would assume that the existing file name would workHuh Will KODI then create a new DB or will KODI just rely on the NFOs for the future?
Will the playcount be preserved? OR
b2. Have ME transfer the information to a KODI database (Question: I have seen this option in ME but I am not sure how this works and how reliable that is. Plus: What are the benefits?
c. Fill in everything missing from within KODI (will this then be written to NFOs or just to KODIs Database?

Will this be working?
Thanks...
Some interesting questions. Lets start...

a. You can delete your database if you want, but not necessary. All you need to do is Clean and Update your library, all the changes ME should take effect. However, if you have old images, you might have to delete the thumbs database and do anther Clean and Update to your library (however, see final note below).

b1. Once you do a Clean and Update, everything should be pulled in from your NFO files. No need to do anything else (however, see final note below).

b2. ME can update a Single Kodi Database. So if you have a single system with Kodi on it, you can tell ME to update that system. However, there are a ton of issues with permissions that you will have to work out first (and firewalls, etc), so your mileage may vary.

c. How are you filling in everything mission from within KODI? Are you talking about stuff ME missed, yet KODI's scrappers picked up? I find that ME picks up way more, and if it is missing something, far easier to fix that in ME (which will in turn be shown in KODI once you do a Clean and Update of your library).

Final Note...

If something doesn't work right (missing info, posters, wallpapers, thumbs, etc. What you will need to do, is delete your current databases, and re-scan them to KODI. Basically starting over from scratch. If you read around the forums, you will see that with all the changes going into KODI 17 (Krypton), it is a good idea to start over from scratch (especially with all the Music changes). So just delete your sources, Clean your library (which should remove everything). Add your sources back, and they should pull in everything that ME has captured, and everything should look awesome (if you chose a good skin...I recommend AEON MQ7).
Thank you.
I have followed your instructions and managed to reload all my files.
I agree with you that ME does a better job when it comes to retrieve information from the internet, so I didn't bother to make any attempts to beef up my files.
I will have to do a rescan as not all information is complete but I think I will wait until I update to KODI 17 - whenever this will be and however this will work...
Also I failed in creating an extra node for documentaries. I have an extra folder on my NAS drive for them, in which they are sorted as docu_series and docu_films. But it seems that KODI can only create a library for series and a library for movies. All folders will either appear in the one or in the other node...
A simple, and easy way to do any Series in ME is to create a Genre for it. So you can create a Documentaries Genre, and add that Genre to all the shows you think belong there. Then in Kodi, you can just view your shows (TV or Movies) by Genre, and you will see Documentaries listed there.

I've done this for Anime, Cartoons, Martial Arts, New TV Shows and Holidays.

The best part is, using Aeon MQ7 at least, I can create Main page categories with these Genre. So on my Main Kodi page, I see the following...

New TV Shows, Anime, Cartoons, Movies, TV, Music, Programs, Setup, Shutdown.

This makes it so easy for everyone in the house to find what they want to watch.

Also, if you have multiple KODI boxes around the house, and would like to share watched status among them without having to configure a SQL server, simply create a Trakt.tv account, and install the KODI Trakt.tv addon. Just like that, all my watched status' are synced in the house.
(2016-11-29, 19:38)Powerhouse Wrote: A simple, and easy way to do any Series in ME is to create a Genre for it. So you can create a Documentaries Genre, and add that Genre to all the shows you think belong there.
Is there a file in ME I can edit for Genre. I get the craziest Genres (e.g. "related to John Lennon" and stuff) and I would like to get rid of most of the Genres and also to fuse some others...

(2016-11-29, 19:38)Powerhouse Wrote: The best part is, using Aeon MQ7 at least, I can create Main page categories with these Genre. So on my Main Kodi page, I see the following...

Thanks for this recommendation. I have tried MQ7 and was impressed. However there are two things that make it impossible for me to use, that is the small font size (I have a 32" screen) and the fact that you can't change the background image.
A second way to do that is not via Genres, or a media manager, at all. What I do personally for the same effect as the way Powerhouse uses Genre's is create custom video nodes.

I sort my files like...

Anime/
Movies/
Movies (Family)/
TV Shows/
TV Shows (Family)/

And then I use the Video Node Editor (found in the stock repositories) to create custom Video Nodes, and I set them up based on what the path contains. Many themes will let you create shortcuts on the home screen to any node you want, and I pick my custom ones. I personally use the MIMIC skin, and have home shortcuts for Anime, Family, etc this way, including widgets.
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9