MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2022-03-20, 01:00)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @bornagainpenguin 

A couple programs I find useful are; First,  Notepad++ which can batch edit .nfo files making it really easy to change the contents of an already existing tag in nfo files. Second one is Bulk Rename Utility which you can use to change the extension from .jpg to .png on mass. I'm running Windows but I think there are Linux and Mac version of them as well.
Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I run Linux and while the application Notepad++ can be used via Wine I do not know how well the integration with my system would be for something like this.  There does not seem to be a native version for Linux and some articles I found suggest the developer is actively against the idea of having their app run on Linux for some unknown reason.  I will still look into it but I do not know how confident I am it will work well.

The image situation I plan to resolve using the terminal and a command that will automatically detect the format of the image and convert it as needed so that everything will be JPG for the album covers as the MediaElch seems to require.

That was me reporting what I think may be a bug.  I do not know why the application would take one image format, seemingly accepting it for use only to save that image format as another extension without actually changing the image to it.  It would seem to me (a non-programmer) that MediaElch should either not take PNGs for this particular use in Album\Posters and only show JPG or the application should actually convert the image to the other format, which is JPG if it is the format that needs to be used.

Messages In This Thread
MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by czfj5r - 2013-02-25, 22:26
RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by Komet - 2013-02-26, 13:17
Slow Performance & Crashing - by kalhua - 2013-02-26, 02:09
Movie Sets artwork problem - by joshjn - 2013-10-01, 16:40
Automatic Title Search and Scrape - by cfm56 - 2014-01-11, 15:49
Certification - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 15:35
Search Box - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 16:50
File/Folder renaming - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 20:39
MediaElch & Music Scraping - by niksimpson - 2016-05-12, 15:25
Corrupted Install? - by wisnoskij - 2019-07-03, 15:50
RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - by bornagainpenguin - 2022-03-22, 15:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9