MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2021-06-07, 01:00)Kallita Wrote:
(2021-06-04, 21:25)hammersmith Wrote: when i scrape my tv shows, about half of them have a blue star to the left of the shows and half don't.
what's with the blue star?
both blue starred and non-blue starred shows work fine with kodi set to scan for local content.
how to do i resolve this?
The Blue star to the left indicates a TV Show or movie that is considered to be "New" by Mediaelch. 
The program will scan the directories/files at start, and if it doesn't find an ".nfo" file that matches what it thinks is the title of the media file it will mark it as a new file and mark it with the blue star for easy identification.
This allows you to go through and find all the new stuff and scrape/scan/download whatever is missing from your catalogue of media files.
When you hit the "Save" button Mediaelch will then save the downloaded information into the folder of the media file.
Kodi is able to work with media files that do not have ".nfo" by doing an internal scan and adding the files to its own library, but will not save ".nfo" or the pictures that go with the media files into the media folders unless you ask it to specifically. IE "export library".
To get rid of the blue star you would have to do a scan/scrape/load information(down arrow button on the upper left) - and save(upper second button for individual or third button for multiple files)- of the media files that are considered new by Mediaelch.
Me

I know its an old post but I just want to point out this doesnt work today. I scrape new shows, add whatever file I see fit, I save, and even if I restart the program, the star is still showing on most of my shows.

And I dont know why but the program is crashing for me every 10 minutes or so, sometimes less sometimes more.
Edit: Every time it crashes its when I am browsing pictures to add to a show.

Messages In This Thread
MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by czfj5r - 2013-02-25, 22:26
RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by Komet - 2013-02-26, 13:17
Slow Performance & Crashing - by kalhua - 2013-02-26, 02:09
Movie Sets artwork problem - by joshjn - 2013-10-01, 16:40
Automatic Title Search and Scrape - by cfm56 - 2014-01-11, 15:49
Certification - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 15:35
Search Box - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 16:50
File/Folder renaming - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 20:39
MediaElch & Music Scraping - by niksimpson - 2016-05-12, 15:25
Corrupted Install? - by wisnoskij - 2019-07-03, 15:50
RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - by Eneswar - 2023-03-25, 22:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9