MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
-@Kallita Thanks. What language do you use? Some languages (e.g. German, de-DE) don't have a title that differs from the original title. At least not for your examples.

English

-If the original title does not differ from the "normal" title, it is not stored.

With toggle off it used to be stored

-There is the option "Don't store the original title if it is the same as the normal title" in settings -> movies. Is that checkbox checked?

Toggle box is not checked as I want original title and normal title to be entered and saved as I will sometimes manually add something to the name to differentiate it from another version I might have.
for example Mission:Impossible may be the original and normal name but I may add "UHD" or "Complete" to the 'normal' name to show it as a different version (this is what is shown in kodi as the name of the movie) or even as an AKA name but still want the original name to be there as the original name.
Previous behaviour with box toggled would be the original name was not shown unless different from the normal name. This is happening with it toggled or not now.
Previous behaviour with box not toggled would put original name and normal name on the appropriate lines even if they matched. This no longer happens.

-Check on TheMovieDb.org if a movie has an original title. For example "Avatar - Aufbruch nach Pandora" (German) has.

comes up as avatar in the normal name.

Hope this makes sense to you.
If it is not happening that way anymore I will just manually copy the names over.

Messages In This Thread
MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by czfj5r - 2013-02-25, 22:26
RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - by Komet - 2013-02-26, 13:17
Slow Performance & Crashing - by kalhua - 2013-02-26, 02:09
Movie Sets artwork problem - by joshjn - 2013-10-01, 16:40
Automatic Title Search and Scrape - by cfm56 - 2014-01-11, 15:49
Certification - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 15:35
Search Box - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 16:50
File/Folder renaming - by jockbond - 2015-03-19, 20:39
MediaElch & Music Scraping - by niksimpson - 2016-05-12, 15:25
Corrupted Install? - by wisnoskij - 2019-07-03, 15:50
RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - by Kallita - 2023-07-12, 23:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9