How do I get movies to play full screen?
My movies do not play in the full screen. Most appear to be underscanned just a little bit. However it is not consistent. Most are DVDs and some are Blu Rays that have been ripped as MKV files. Is there a way to default all movies to play in full screen mode? My TV is 1080p and my skin is MQ3 if that matters.
You can adjust the image settings of videos from the OSD. Press "m" while a video is playing, choose the video submenu icon and adjust away. Once done choose "set as default for all movies" at the bottom of this menu.

If you are using an ATI GPU, then chances are you may have issues with overscan and refresh settings per resolution. There are a few threads already detailing this if that is your issue.
(2012-07-17, 21:50)kricker Wrote: You can adjust the image settings of videos from the OSD. Press "m" while a video is playing, choose the video submenu icon and adjust away. Once done choose "set as default for all movies" at the bottom of this menu.

If you are using an ATI GPU, then chances are you may have issues with overscan and refresh settings per resolution. There are a few threads already detailing this if that is your issue.

Yes the ATI GPU is probably my issue. I've read a few threads, but don't know how to fix it.
Go to HDTV support in Catalyst Control Centre
Desktop Properties
Select 1080p24 standard ( 1920 x 1080 @ 24Hz ) and "apply"
Go to Scale Option in CCC and put overscan to 0% and save

Carry this out for all refresh rates you are going to use, remembering to apply and save each one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get movies to play full screen?0