Win XBMC requesting password for AirPlay, though password disabled in setting
Hi,
In XBMC version 12.0 alpha 4, I enabled AirPlay without setting a password. But when I select XBMC as AirPlay device in my iPhone 3GS (5.1.1 9B206) and try to play any track, I am requested to

enter the Airplay password for "XBMC (local host)"

I also tried to set a password in XBMC, but then when I enter the password upon request in my iPhone, my password is rejected as if it were the wrong password.

Media: I tried with ALAC tracks without DRM, and AAC tracks with DRM. I get the same password request once I try to play the track with XBMC over Airplay.

Windows 7 64 SP1
Intel Core i3

Here is an XBMC debug log:
http://pastebin.com/z3QSYrCv
System: XBMC HTPC with USB WASAPI & AudioEngine - Musical Fidelity V-DAC II 24/94 or ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC Nano SPIDF interface
I found a workaround, though I still think there is problem here.
I entered an EMPTY password in XBMC AirPlay settings. This way I am not requested to enter a password anymore when selecting XBMC as AirPlay device. However since XBMC is set not to request a password in the first place, I shouldn't have to edit the password at all, should I?
System: XBMC HTPC with USB WASAPI & AudioEngine - Musical Fidelity V-DAC II 24/94 or ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC Nano SPIDF interface
Mhh interesting. Didn't ever have this problem. And from looking at the code i still don't have an idea what is causing it. Did you try to disable/enable the airplay option after deactivating the password?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I hadn't tried disabling/ enabling the AirPlay option. I just did, and it's also an effective workaround.

By the way, I can reproduce the problem this way:
1- I set a password in XBMC
2- I try to stream to XBMC with an iPhone, and I'm requested to enter a password. Instead of entering a password, I press "cancel".
3- I disable the password in XBMC
4- (optional) I shut down and restart both XBMC and the iPhone
5- I try to stream with the iPhone, and I'm still requested a password
6- I open XBMC settings, and I can see the password is indeed disabled
yeah i know what it is ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC requesting password for AirPlay, though password disabled in setting0