XBMC Add-on's No install from Zip option
(2017-01-04, 18:48)ronie Wrote: here's how you navigate to the addons section:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager

in case that doesn't work for you, please post some screenshots

My screen shot is not uploading but when I went to my add on it is a list that has add on repository, audio decoders, audio encoders, game add on and more

Did I download the wrong Kodi32 mb or should I have downloaded the 64 mb[/php]
(2017-01-04, 18:42)My91 Wrote: I'm not sure what system I have but when I go to settings than add ons the only thing that show up is on and off buttons for show notifications and unknown source and that's about it

That sounds like Estuary, and it also sounds like you've gone Settings (cog) -> System Settings -> Add-ons, not as you should have done.

As others have said, you really need to tell us what version you're using, as we're getting nowhere by guessing. Post a picture if nothing else, or simply tell us what it says when it starts up and describe the screen you see if you can't grab a screenshot or take a photo.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
(2017-01-04, 19:38)Prof Yaffle Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 18:42)My91 Wrote: I'm not sure what system I have but when I go to settings than add ons the only thing that show up is on and off buttons for show notifications and unknown source and that's about it

That sounds like Estuary, and it also sounds like you've gone Settings (cog) -> System Settings -> Add-ons, not as you should have done.

As others have said, you really need to tell us what version you're using, as we're getting nowhere by guessing. Post a picture if nothing else, or simply tell us what it says when it starts up and describe the screen you see if you can't grab a screenshot or take a photo.

I figured it out I was using 17.0 version which is completely different from 16.0 firestick thanks
I'm on version 17, have gone through and tried to get the download from zip, and it's not on there. I'm using gen1 firestick, will that affect it?
Same here i don't see
I also did not see the install from zip option on kodi 17 in the settings->addons but have found another way to access it:

- select Add-ons from the main menu
- select My add-ons (you should now be in a list of add on catergories)
- scroll all the way to the top of the list and select the .. (you may need to enable ".."i n another menu)

then you should be in a menu with an option to install from zip file
Jesus.... this ".." tip worked for me as well, thank you.
Brilliant tip Bmn2016 this worked for me too. Thank you !!!!

However, I was working through the thread and changed my skin to Confluence to see if that would work.
Now I have no Estuary Skin ...which I want as I've just downloaded the new v17.3 from the Kodi TV official website.
I can get the skin menu ...but it doesn't have either Estuary or Estouchy in the menu to select. Confluence was there so as didn't realize Skin's changed the behavior of the Kodi versions (I now assume they do from reading this thread) ...I clicked on the only one I knew worked with install from zip ...SO ...any help folks? How do I get the new Estuary Skin to go with my v17.3 please??

Many thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Add-on's No install from Zip option0