Linux (SOLVED)XBCMbuntu MCE remote keymapping issues
So, I can't find a keymap.xml in home/username/.xbmc/userdata/*

I found in /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/
a file called rc6_mce

I re-purposed KEY_DELETE to KEY_ESCAPE and KEY_TUNER to KEY_SUBTITLE
And it doesn't work..

SO.. I want to reassign the tuner key on my remote to subtitle and the delete key to escape...

How do I do this? I did what I THOUGHT was what I eneded to do, but the only XML file I find in the userdata/keymaps is a noBS.xml

Followed the dirs in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104541 and found I have an RC6_MCE remote..
HELP!

------------------
So, I figured out that LIRC and ir-keytable are both running.
Fine.
After alot of debug log reading and websurfing.. I figure out where and what I needed to change.

And so.. to change TWO KEYS on my MCE remote, I had to edit:
/urs/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb to reassign the key that was trying to DELETE items, (editing the LiveTV didn't fix anything)
and
/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml to change what the LiveTV was doing.

Adding a remote.xml to the /home/username/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps dir DID NOTHING!

Grr..

But it's fixed now.
So.. I have created a "keyboard.xml" file in the "home/username/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps" directory.
I have added the following lines to the previously blank file.

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<escape>PreviousMenu</escape>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<t>ShowSubtitles</t>
</keyboard>
/FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

I have edited the RC6_MCE file in the "lib/udev/rc_keymaps" dir and changed
0x800f040a KEY_DELETE to 0x800f040a KEY_ESCAPE
and
0x800f0425 KEY_TUNER to 0x800f0425 KEY_SUBTITLE

And it still doesn't work.
This was supposed to take my two remote keys and change them into something else.. and it's not.
The f040a still tries to delete a file instead of going back a menu, and the f0425 does nothing.

This is a basic install of Eden XBMCbutnu on an x86 machine with a Logitech Harmony300 emulating a generic MCE remote.
Hey..

take a look at this. Maybe this (or single parts from the post) might help you.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1062125

Cheers
Well, seems the default setup for Eden is to have both LIRC and ir-keytable running, but it's not reading anything from the ir-keytable files.
I found that all my commands are coming from LIRC... in the file /urs/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb
I managed to change the key designated as DELETE to the KEY_BACK.

So now, I cannot figure out how to change another key (comes up as LiveTV, which I'm not using) to turn subtitles on and off.
I've tried:
XBMC.ShowSubtitles
ShowSubtitles
Subtitle
KEY_T
KEY_t

I've tried making a remote.xml in .xbmc/userdata/keymaps capturing the original setup and various incarnations of what I've changed it to:
<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<LiveTV>ShowSubtitles</LiveTV>
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>

And for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get my remote to turn subtitles on and off.

If I disable LIRC and use just the ir-keytable files, things like my OK key are no longer captured.
Seems I'm damned if I go with LIRC and damned if I don't.

Am I just using the wrong command to turn subtitles on and off?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(SOLVED)XBCMbuntu MCE remote keymapping issues0