• 6(current)
Perfect playback of 23.976 fps possible with nVidia?
When "sync playback to display" is activated, all is synced to the vertical retrace signal of the display. Means that the player's reference clock is driven by this. If you do not activate it, the system clock is used as the reference for the player. Since the system clock is not synced to the display, it will drift away slowly. Sooner or later the error gets big enough that you'll lose a frame.
Pleas give me a hint for my problem --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1191055

Big Grin
(2012-09-08, 15:02)ezechiel1917 Wrote: 1080p 23.97610 Hz modeline:

Code:
ModeLine       "1920x1080_23.976" 74.230 1920 2560 2604 2752 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync

Thanks for that modeline, I get much more stable '23.98' refresh in xbmc now compared to the 'official' one (running gt 520 on a kuro pro-fd110), previously it would flutter between 23.98 & 24.00 (indicating a slightly more than 23.976 refresh).
(2012-09-14, 20:59)john.cord Wrote: Pleas give me a hint for my problem --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1191055

Big Grin

Sorry, no idea. Maybe you can set preferred mode with nvidia settings.
(I will never understand why people want to suspend their boxes)
(2012-09-15, 16:40)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 20:59)john.cord Wrote: Pleas give me a hint for my problem --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1191055

Big Grin

Sorry, no idea. Maybe you can set preferred mode with nvidia settings.
(I will never understand why people want to suspend their boxes)

Why suspend? It takes much more time to boot the system.

At the moment the Modes Option in the Display Subsection does what i want. It looks like this is the right way to tell xorg to use specific resolutions and ignore the preferred ones... so i put 1080p 50, 60, 23.976 and 24 Hz in this Option. There is although the possibility to set a Option in the "Monitor" Section called "PreferredMode" but i dont know what is the difference betwenn the "Modes" Option in the Display Section and this Option...

What system do you use?
Booting Linux from SSD takes about 10 seconds, I see no need for suspend. (My current living room system does not have a SSD but it does not bother me)
If you tell me a way to power on the system with my harmony remote...
so is it the consensus that sync to display works for 24p content with linux? I might switch from windows if that is the case as it sure doesn't work in the windows version.
(2012-09-17, 19:35)john.cord Wrote: If you tell me a way to power on the system with my harmony remote...

This is why I have built me a custom ir receiver which can power up the system from complete off. BTW, you can configure preferred mode in nvidia-settings. Then call nvidia-settings -l when starting your session.
i just leave my box on all the time its on the other side of the wall which happens to be the garage so it just sits on the ground under a desk. hey FernetMenta you AV sync PR/fix seems to work with a great deal of my matierial but some older avi files are still decently out of sync. they are mostly mpeg4 video and mp3 audio i want to post a log its just i put my videos on shuffle when i watch most the time i jgotta wait for the right time and grab the log. tried to last time but it was spammed with DEBUG:NEWADDON messages (something pulled from upstream must have done it i saw something about generated addons, maybe this is what they are talking about). and i'm really sorry for blabbing in the PR i get unformal sometimes, but i have submitted a PR myself i know the rules i shouldnt be breaking them. anyways i'd love to help bang this long out standing bug out i always thought it had something to do with ffmpeg and the GetDelay.

Also have we all in the thread come to a consensious on what modelones to use?

for 29.97 matieral should i use 59.94 or 60htz and if its 59.94 should i set my default to that or still default to 60 and xbmc will just switch to 59.94 when playing the video (it should right because of xrandr 1.3 support? even if i had 59.34 59.77 and 59.94 and 60 and it would pick the clsest one which would be 59.94 or am i wrong or it just doesnt matter for that matierial
(2012-09-18, 06:01)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 19:35)john.cord Wrote: If you tell me a way to power on the system with my harmony remote...

This is why I have built me a custom ir receiver which can power up the system from complete off. BTW, you can configure preferred mode in nvidia-settings. Then call nvidia-settings -l when starting your session.

I dont find anything on the Internet on this topic. I run ubuntu without windowmanager and do all administration stuff via SSH...
(2012-09-18, 06:01)FernetMenta Wrote:

This is why I have built me a custom ir receiver which can power up the system from complete off.

Tell me more plz !!!

Something like this? --> http://www.hd-plex.com/remote.control.html Huh I use a nettop so i have to open the case and wire something like this to te Power Switch... my next system will be a standard yATX Board so i can use this option...
You'll need something that can act as a momentary switch to short the power leads. Your receiver will also need constant power in order to operate. There were several original XBox modchip manufacturers that made such rigs, because the XBox had no way of being turned on by the remote. You will have to open the case and get your hands dirty, but it shouldn't be all that difficult.
Ahhh..! i knew i had seen/heard of what he was talking about. I did one of those but for a regular wired controller. it had a button on it to power the xbox on. sigh... the xbox modding days. man those were the days, i was young, a freshmen in high school, not a care in the world i remember skipping school and me and my friends would all come to my house and get super stoned and play game after game after game i had like 100 xbox games and this was back when i had dial up, this was all ripped from originals one way or another. man it just seemed so much more "genuine" back then
I can tell you that this Case "MS-TECH MC-20-ITX" has exactly what you want. It has already an IR-receiver which is wired to the power-button and gets its power from the +5V-Standby so you can turn your pc ON with the remote like if you push the power-button

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/MS-...TX/983616/?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Perfect playback of 23.976 fps possible with nVidia?0