Any way to give better access to themes for repo skins?
(2012-08-04, 01:34)phil65 Wrote: for the team members:

I´m creating a white theme for Nox atm
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137379

and, since we may not include themes directly,
phil65, there is in fact a way you can include themes directly in your skin. From memory you need a theme directory in your skin that you then drop a sub directory of your image files in much the same way as you do with the current media directory. Then you just include a matching colour file in the colors directory of the skin.
(just spotted the Jezz_X beat me to it on this, but next part still valid)
Quote: I´m wondering if some other way like adding a specfic download script for our skin to the repo is allowed.
i´d love to give users better access to this theme since it completely changes the look & feel of our skin.
Again yes, if someone would like to take a script that I have and make it repo compliant, you can also do it this way. Until my skin was accepted into the main repo, I had a script that would pull a zip file from my googlecode page and then copy the required files to the correct locations within the directory structure. I tried shopping the script around to a couple of people, but they where not interested. Now I tell people if they want to use additional themes in my skin that they need to grab the script from my googlecode page and copy it back into my skin. The skin checks if the script is available and then shows the menu item in my skin settings menu.

As a added bonus, if someone was prepared to update and submit the script to the main repo, there would be very little work involved in allowing additional artpaks (etc) to be downloaded to your skin as well. Then there should be no reason why skins have to be 100+ Meg in size to download all of the additional graphics that people feel they need.

If you or someone else is prepared to run with the script idea, drop me a PM and I can show you what I have done with the idea.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any way to give better access to themes for repo skins? - by wyrm - 2012-08-04, 04:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to give better access to themes for repo skins?0