Any way to give better access to themes for repo skins?
(2012-08-04, 15:47)wyrm Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 11:46)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 11:03)Jezz_X Wrote: As long as the script is general and works for every skin out there "probably" yes (not my call in the end)

Basic Idea would be a service type script that took a URL as a command line option that pointed to your skins list of online themes the real hard part is getting it to extract to the right place. Sadly Confluence misses out again since its usually installed in write protected sections of file systems Sad

ok, then plan b would be a something like script.themedownloader(URL,DESTINATION).
thx for explanations.
phil65,

Go look at this script in my googlecode page. It is basically doing EXACTLY what you are after now. Really the only work required is to make it XBMC repo friendly (and possibly make it more general to handle other artwork). Called in my skin with RunScript(ThemeInstaller.py , URL). The main reason I have not done it myself is my python is not that great and I'm not prepared to provide support for this. Find a real python coder and your good to go.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

nice, thx. will look at it. is the skin hardcoded or does it just use the skin it is called from?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any way to give better access to themes for repo skins? - by phil65 - 2012-08-04, 17:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to give better access to themes for repo skins?0