Any way to give better access to themes for repo skins?
(2012-08-04, 17:07)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 15:47)wyrm Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 11:46)phil65 Wrote: ok, then plan b would be a something like script.themedownloader(URL,DESTINATION).
thx for explanations.
phil65,

Go look at this script in my googlecode page. It is basically doing EXACTLY what you are after now. Really the only work required is to make it XBMC repo friendly (and possibly make it more general to handle other artwork). Called in my skin with RunScript(ThemeInstaller.py , URL). The main reason I have not done it myself is my python is not that great and I'm not prepared to provide support for this. Find a real python coder and your good to go.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

nice, thx. will look at it. is the skin hardcoded or does it just use the skin it is called from?
phil65,

Completely skin independent (just checked, not entirely true. Uses strings from my skin instead of providing it's own localised strings). What the script does is to present a list of zip files stored at the URL location. User selects required zip file and script unpacks zip and places the .xml file in the color subdirectory of the skin and the .xbt file in the skins media sub directory. As I said there is no reason why it could not be made more general and just unpack the directory structure of the zip into the skins directory structure. The script currently does NOT conform to XBMC repo requirements (no addon.xml, no icon.png and I'm sure there are a number of python path issues that Spiff would have a cow over). As I said, python is not really my thing, so it was just easier to drop official support for the script in my skin. If someone else wants to run with this, be my guest.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any way to give better access to themes for repo skins? - by wyrm - 2012-08-05, 19:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to give better access to themes for repo skins?0