File renaming utility
I am currently migrating all of my movie and tv shows that I have on an external hard drive into the interface for XBMC but I have run across the issue of nearly all of my files don't have the proper name structure to be picked up by XBMC. What tool would you recommend to quickly rename all of the files to their correct structure? Or am I just going to have to do it all manually?
Windows: Supplemental_tools/Windows#Rename_tools (wiki)

Mac: Supplemental_tools/Mac_OS_X#Rename_tools (wiki)
it is recommended not to rename actual file, but rename the folder that contains the file. the reason for this is, the actual file name can be use to serach subtitle.
(2012-08-10, 04:09)publicENEMY Wrote: it is recommended not to rename actual file, but rename the folder that contains the file. the reason for this is, the actual file name can be use to serach subtitle.

That would only be true for movies if the movies are one-movie-per-folder, and if they contain external subtitle files that the person wants to keep.
(2012-08-10, 01:20)Ned Scott Wrote: Windows: Supplemental_tools/Windows#Rename_tools (wiki)

Mac: Supplemental_tools/Mac_OS_X#Rename_tools (wiki)

Which one would you recommend the most (Windows)?

have you tried media companion?

as long as the files are in the correct folder structure, it can rename everything with ease.

look here: http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/
My media center:
12TB Homebuilt Raid5 Server | Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid | Bose V3 lifestyle | Samsung S7 55" Slim LED TV

4 PC clients w/ xbmc (windows) - 1 w/ live
Yo,

I am new to XBMC and come from a range of media players! I have a one-movie-per-folder-structure but I need to add the year of production to those movie folders (2012) for the scraper to find all my files.
Is there a way to do it fast or do I need to rename one-by-one as I have over a 1000 movies?

TY
I would like to recommend you to use KrojamSoft BatchRenameFiles Tool

http://BatchRenameFiles.org

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File renaming utility0