• 10(current)
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
(2013-01-26, 19:05)rectifyer Wrote: What happens when you play something? That log only shows the trakt plugin starting up.
I ran 'cat xbmc.log | grep trakt'.
This is full log: http://pastebin.com/7LGMbiKK
A few things to try. Make sure you are watching it in Library mode, not file mode. Make sure scrobbling is on in the trakt plugin settings and that allow 3rd party apps is on in the xbmc settings.
Trakt.tv - Track what you're watching. Discover new shows & movies.
forum thread - @trakt on twitter - support
I am watching in library mode, scrobbling is enabled, RPC is on. (otherwise I wouldn't get this message on initialization: "[Notification Service] message: {u'params': {u'data': None, u'sender': u'xbmc'}, u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'method': u'VideoLibrary.OnCleanStarted'}")
I found the problem.
JSON parser failed when the string had some whitespace characters before the actual message.
I stripped the chars like this (notification_service.py line 51) and now it works:
Code:
self._notificationBuffer = self._notificationBuffer[offset:].strip(' \t\n\r')

Also, the sync doesn't seem to work, it doesn't pass the __name__ == '__main__' condition.
I replaced __main__ with sync_exec and it seems to work. (although I don't really know that means)
The scrobbler isn't working for me either.

Here is the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3c0kli47ylfoi7/xbmc.log

Tried the modification, loadrunner suggested. Didn't help.

I run XBMC in portable mode ("XBMC.exe -p"). Might that be a problem?
Yes, your problem is different.
You get a Telnet exception. Maybe you haven't enabled JSONRPC or you use a custom port?
If you know a little python, I suggest adding more debug message so you can better track the plugin and find the problem. That's what I did. Smile

@rectifyer, I think that my problem was that I have compactoutput disabled. (hence the extra whitespace characters)
Unfortunately I know next to nothing about python. So I have absolutely no idea what to try next Sad.

The old scrobbler (1.0.1) worked but stopped working after some time. So I tried the 2.0.0 which isn't working either.
(2013-01-27, 14:38)p.h.i Wrote: Unfortunately I know next to nothing about python. So I have absolutely no idea what to try next Sad.

The old scrobbler (1.0.1) worked but stopped working after some time. So I tried the 2.0.0 which isn't working either.

Are you watching in library mode?
Yes, I do.
Would it be possible to somehow mark in epg from pvr module, which movies were watched?
@p.h.i. not really sure what's up. Usually its either not watching in library mode, not using tvdb/tmdb as scrapers, or not allowing 3rd party apps to control xbmc. It's weird that it didn't even get a notification once you started watching something.

@Marx1 I'm sure that's possible to tap into the context menu to mark it as watched. I'm not too familiar with the PVR module myself to say for sure.
The 2.0.0 version is not working the the final release of Frodo. No notifications, syncing, etc. occur when they are enabled.
(2013-02-01, 22:41)iJunaid Wrote: The 2.0.0 version is not working the the final release of Frodo. No notifications, syncing, etc. occur when they are enabled.

Works fine here. Frodo, Aeon Nox 4, Windows 7. I've got all options except clean trakt collections ticked.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Also working great for me. I scrobbled an episode last night in Frodo final w/ Nox + synced my collection and watched statuses without any issues. We need to look at your full xmbc.log to see if there are any clues.
I know you can link the FB account in Trakt. I havent been able to "turn on" an auto-post. I know this is a trakt question, but ive got no response from them. Can someone tell me the links to click to get to the auto-post-to-facebook? All Ive been able to do is manually "share" the movie from the scrobbled "Watched" list.

Thanks
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13