[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
(2015-01-02, 19:21)Aleksander Wrote: Trakt gave notice of the downtime on both Twitter and Facebook a week in advance. The planned downtime was only one night, but something went wrong and it took a little longer than planned. That is not unusual. Now the site is online again and it is completely usable in spite it missing some features here and there.

If you are one of the unfortunate ones that are missing some of your progress or library-data I suggest you either contact the team behind Trakt on Twitter or send them an email. They have been very service-minded the last few days. And as far as I know nothing has been lost, but they might have to transfer some of the old content manually

Claiming that you can't watch content because it is no longer possible to scrobble to Trakt from Kodi seems a little far fetched to me. Honestly, what would you do in the days before Trakt?

The 'notice' was a bit vague, what they said was
Quote:We have planned downtime and maintenance on Sunday night extending to Monday morning (PST). The site & API will be offline during this time.

Were in this notice it mentions a total overhaul of the website, including but not limited to: some data loss, some missing features, you might not be able to login.. and some other stuff.

"Downtime and maintenance" usually means "our website is having some problems, we'll look under the hood" not "here, this is not your toy, but it's a new toy, be grateful"

It's true that a lot of people complained before the upgrade of the website being slow and being down for long periods of time, and the upgrade was meant to re-build the website in a way it doesn't bring the website down every mondays morning where there's lots of people watching lots of stuff, and i'm thankful for them for making all those enhancements, the website looks good and works seamlessly

BUT, i my account is missing some +100 episodes/15 shows and some movies, a friend of mine lost more than 500 episodes! another one couldn't log in AT ALL!
i actually contacted them on the support page and sent them an email, nobody replied. it's probably going to be fixed, i know that, but why make the users go through all this?

The right way to do this is: you ask the users to try the new layout, they give you feedback, you fix bugs, you fix them and you make the new layout the main one. during this time, the users that didn't try the new layout would still be able to access the old layout and use it like they always used to, and when the new layout comes, nothing is missing there, everything works, and everybody's happy.
Also, when you do something like make a new api, you contact the known app/addon/plugin makers and you give them access to the new api so they make their code compatible, and when the new layout goes live, everything works, and everybody's happy.

Maybe my claim about Trakt paralyzing my tv routine can sound far fetched, but, i write articles about tv, i use trakt to rate what i watch, so Trakt plays a big role in giving me an 'overview' of my opinion about a show and they good/bad episodes... etc. before Trakt, i used IMDB, but IMDB doesn't do things as good as Trakt does it (and that's the reason why I love it).

EDIT: Just got a reply from support, it said: "I just pushed an update that will use TVDB for all episode info. The data will be refreshed and reimported over the next week."
So, like i said earlier, it's probably going to be fixed, but it's still inconvenient.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - by DonLK - 2015-01-02, 19:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13