[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
It is going to take weeks for all the dust to settle. I base this on discussions with developers in the trakt.tv VIP forums. The latest update, released by the trakt dev on the VIP forum follows:

'I will be queuing up all shows for refreshes tonight. Quite a number have already been updated from VIP refreshes, myself, or the automatic tvdb/tmdb updates. I will work to reimport the v1 watched data next week once all the shows are refreshed and form a solid foundation.'

That was posted two to three hours ago. There is a very reasonable VIP subscription fee that will give you access to the VIP forums, early access to new featuresan and the real opportunity to influence what trakt is.

I am adding the following post from a trakt dev about three days ago that explains a little about what happened and what needed to be done:

'The old site was in PHP and has been at the breaking point for a few months now. The new site is in ruby on rails and is complete rewrite with multiple caching servers in place to cache user data, rendered pages, api methods, etc. So, a big time effort on caching and building a platform that will scale beyond what v1 could handle. To put it in perspective, there are about a billion data points that needed to be imported over. Throw in some amazon and server issues and that leads to a rocky first launch day. Trakt will definitely return to form and with me being full time now, we actually have the resources to do this. I'll be pushing code updates every day to squash bugs, improve performance, and build features.

As for the TMDB data, this is part of my experiment, but it's likely most shows will be simply told to use TVDB for their episode data (about 60% do this now with the remaining a hybrid of tmdb/tvdb data). This is what I'll be experimenting with in the coming days. Thanks for your patience.'

I am posting because I have seen threads on two different forums going crazy. Just trying to help by getting some solid data from the trakt developers. I will update as possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - by S7eele - 2015-01-03, 11:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13