• 91(current)
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
razze is updating the add-on, rectifyer hasnt been involved, he is very busy with trakt internals as he was just recently secured as their only full time dev, this is what ive gathered while following razze fork of the add-on and trakt vip forum, reserve the right to be mistaken [WINKING FACE]
i see,
Will it be on auto repo?
i will pay 10€ (i know thats not much, but maybe someone joins me) to the one who gives me back my trakt scrobles, and more important my watched tv shows stats in Kodi XBMC. i updated from Pi to AMD machione, right the moment the update came, and have no backup of XMBC / Kodi
(2015-01-21, 15:41)chewara Wrote: i will pay 10€ (i know thats not much, but maybe someone joins me) to the one who gives me back my trakt scrobles, and more important my watched tv shows stats in Kodi XBMC. i updated from Pi to AMD machione, right the moment the update came, and have no backup of XMBC / Kodi

I second that, in £ though for me!
(2015-01-21, 18:48)Stevenlr Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 15:41)chewara Wrote: i will pay 10€ (i know thats not much, but maybe someone joins me) to the one who gives me back my trakt scrobles, and more important my watched tv shows stats in Kodi XBMC. i updated from Pi to AMD machione, right the moment the update came, and have no backup of XMBC / Kodi

I second that, in £ though for me!

for me 10€ also
It's harder than it seems, really. Not because of the difficulty of the code itself (I was able to update some calls according to the new API, did not commit them though), but being a XBMC/Kodi module and not being standalone Python code, it makes it really hard to test the requests and responses. Or then I am missing something, even after reading several guides for add-on development and debugging.
(2015-01-21, 21:30)ironhidePT Wrote: It's harder than it seems, really. Not because of the difficulty of the code itself (I was able to update some calls according to the new API, did not commit them though), but being a XBMC/Kodi module and not being standalone Python code, it makes it really hard to test the requests and responses. Or then I am missing something, even after reading several guides for add-on development and debugging.

I've been trying to educate myself with Python over the last week, and I have found the same IronHide. Testing is a pain within XBMC. If it was just pure Python code in the interpreter, it would be much easier.
10€ from my side as well + will do testing if needed.
just something to think about, trakt itself is a donation driven site, they provide an awesome service at no charge, only just recently were they able to secure their first full time developer, while they are not currently directly involved in an upgrade to the kodi trakt add-on they do provide support and are still working out the kinks from upgrading their site and the api to version 2, point being that even if the add-on were upgraded and ready to go it is only going to work when the trakt api is working, its a very reasonable yearly donation fee

i am not sure if razze has any interest whatsoever in donations, if he doesnt respond himself shorty i will mention it to him on the trakt vip forum (available after donation)

i think its important to point out that the donations are probably needed here at home as well, i have no idea if there is any way to have it apply directly to the development of this add-on as thats more a community thing but i felt it should be said
They don't provide an awesome service.
They provide a service.

For a scrobbling site to make an update like this without first getting their add-ons from respective programs (like Plex and Kodi) in a row is backwards.
(2015-01-22, 06:02)roach9 Wrote: They don't provide an awesome service.
They provide a service.

For a scrobbling site to make an update like this without first getting their add-ons from respective programs (like Plex and Kodi) in a row is backwards.
Playing the devil's advocate: it's not "their" add-ons, they are 3rd party. So it's up to the 3rd parties to ensure their add-ons remain compatible. v2 was anounced quite some time ago so it's not as if they didn't know. I also use Seriesgui.de and they came with an update quite quickly....

We can just hope somebody fixes the add-on soon or writes a new one that works. In the meantime I'm already happy check-ins work so at least my progress is synced.
(2015-01-22, 15:10)bunbun Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 06:02)roach9 Wrote: They don't provide an awesome service.
They provide a service.

Playing the devil's advocate: it's not "their" add-ons, they are 3rd party. So it's up to the 3rd parties to ensure their add-ons remain compatible. v2 was anounced quite some time ago so it's not as if they didn't know. I also use Seriesgui.de and they came with an update quite quickly....

We can just hope somebody fixes the add-on soon or writes a new one that works. In the meantime I'm already happy check-ins work so at least my progress is synced.
It was developed and maintained by people at trakt. It is 'their' addon. See who created this thread?
Sure, this add-on was maintained by someone who happened to work for trakt (part time at the time), but it was never an "official" addon. In fact I don't believe trakt has any official addons. They have an official api and all the addons are third party created using the official api.

Trakt's mistake was to break the old api when they introduced the new one. Essentially they broke all third party addons overnight. They should have had a transition period where both apis worked side by side
ive already verified this on the trakt vip forum, they do not maintain the third party add-ons, rectifyer (original author) created this when he had the time, he is now trakt's only full time developer

@aptalca is right but i would word it a bit differently, v1 of the trakt database and api HAD TO BE replaced because they were no longer able to deal with the traffic we the users are creating, they did introduce it to vips (donating members) and to add-on developers well before it was released, they even esatblished a seperate v2 sandbox for use before and during transition, unfortunately the switch to v2 was somewhat forced by the failing v1 database/api

it IS an awesome service, look at the traffic for goodness sake, pretty big following
All I can say is who ever fixes it is more than welcome to submit it to repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13