• 8(current)
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings
(2012-09-14, 19:29)LehighBri Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 19:17)dinki Wrote: @LehighBri, will do a search/replace and see what happens.

Don't bother... I just tried and it will require significant re-engineering and it's not worth it. I think you should focus on the root cause vs. fixing in python.

Understood. Any ideas on how to determine where my problem lies though? Never had a problem with the SageX requests until this version. Does it take more horsepower for the JSON string to be built? I didn't think I had a super large collection of videos but maybe so.
Did a little clean up and now I have my SageTV Web Inteface running on the same port as Jetty. Moved Jetty to port 8180 due to firewall issues. At any rate, I had hoped that maybe this was causing some confusion but I'm still getting the same error. I tried looking in the Jetty logs but everything appears to be in order. I changed to debug but did not see anything out of the ordinary.

@kricker, AMD Athlon 4450e 2.3GHZ (dual core), 4GB RAM, Win7, 32bit. I've got plugins installed but I think the only one that MIGHT be running is comskip.

@LehighBri, is there any way you could provide me with a modified version of the url that would only pull one or two shows? Is it just a matter of changing the size attribute? I'm not understanding how all other queries go through fine but this one doesn't.

Also, I took the output from SageX and saved that long line as a text file. It's 10.6megs. Should it be that large?
(2012-09-14, 21:59)dinki Wrote: Did a little clean up and now I have my SageTV Web Inteface running on the same port as Jetty. Moved Jetty to port 8180 due to firewall issues. At any rate, I had hoped that maybe this was causing some confusion but I'm still getting the same error. I tried looking in the Jetty logs but everything appears to be in order. I changed to debug but did not see anything out of the ordinary.

@kricker, AMD Athlon 4450e 2.3GHZ (dual core), 4GB RAM, Win7, 32bit. I've got plugins installed but I think the only one that MIGHT be running is comskip.

@LehighBri, is there any way you could provide me with a modified version of the url that would only pull one or two shows? Is it just a matter of changing the size attribute? I'm not understanding how all other queries go through fine but this one doesn't.

Also, I took the output from SageX and saved that long line as a text file. It's 10.6megs. Should it be that large?

10.6 megs... wow. You must have a TON of recordings. Yes you can play with the &size attribute in the URL and change that down to 5 or 10 to get a smaller size and see how long it takes to run in your browser.
Just tried that and I'm pretty sure I've done it in the past too. Takes just as long. It doesn't seem to reduce the size at all. I tried with 5 and I got the same filesize as with 500. Are you grabbing all information for all shows and episodes with this one call? There's so much data in that one long line of text!

Can I send you the output? It compresses down to about 750k . Can you PM your email if you're willing to look at it to see if maybe something is suspicious in it?
(2012-09-14, 22:16)dinki Wrote: Just tried that and I'm pretty sure I've done it in the past too. Takes just as long. It doesn't seem to reduce the size at all. I tried with 5 and I got the same filesize as with 500.

Can I send you the output? It compresses down to about 750k . Can you PM your email if you're willing to look at it to see if maybe something is suspicious in it?

Yes, PM and ill check but something is definitely not right.
Do you have any idea how many recordings you really have? Is there a chance your wiz.bin is going corrupt?
I had to rebuild my database about 6 months ago because it got really screwed up. I'm not sure on the number of recordings but I do have a lot of downloaded content that has been imported as tv recordings using bmt.
That may be part of the issue. Can you not import those directly into XBMC and remove them from Sage. This could really lighten your database.
I realize this, but I'm still using sage for my viewing and this is the best way for me to access the episodes. Shouldn't the addon be able to handle any size library?
The addon isn't the issue. It is Sage-x and JSON. The strange issue is the speed even with a call for a smaller amount of files. A small number of files should be instant.
Right. It sent me the same amount of results even though I changed the variable to a smaller value. I think that is pretty strange.
So I installed this (Sage and XBMC are on the same machine) and made sure sage service is running and the sage web server is running, but I get an error when I try this add-on in XBMC - script error. How do I find out what the error is done.
You may need the Youtube addon installed in XBMC as well. Do you have that? Did you setup the addon with the proper settings? Do you also have the Sage-x plugin installed in Sage as well?
(2012-09-17, 04:04)xj-boonie Wrote: So I installed this (Sage and XBMC are on the same machine) and made sure sage service is running and the sage web server is running, but I get an error when I try this add-on in XBMC - script error. How do I find out what the error is done.

Close XBMC. Open it again then try the plugin. Open this file:

Take a look in C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

The error will be the last few lines in the file.
(2012-09-17, 04:23)kricker Wrote: You may need the Youtube addon installed in XBMC as well. Do you have that? Did you setup the addon with the proper settings? Do you also have the Sage-x plugin installed in Sage as well?

I don't think I have the Youtube addon installed or Sage-x plugin - neither were mentioned earlier. It is setup with the proper settings - port, password, etc.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings2