Win GUI Interface jerky/choppy when navigating menus
It's been a almost 2 months since I filed the bug report and haven't heard anything. I've tried everything I can think of, I don't know what else to do. Does anyone know how to contact the XBMC team? The site just directs you here, and I can't tell if anyone's even read the bug report.
I had the same problem but with recent build (frodo)...the only things that. Help was when i turn off vertical sync...it was not really a solution since i Have a quite powerful pc...an i5 with 6g ram and ati6900...
I was asking myself do you have an ati card? I m starting to think it is related to ati card but i don t know really
To prevent menu to stutter i went back to eden rc2 which was perfect in this problem ( and another one with the xbox 360 wireless pad)
Sorry i can t help more try the vertical though we never know...
Cheers
even after dirty regions mine still did this, thats why i switched over to ALPHA 6.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dev...thly_build

Now mine runs faster Smile

I have dirty regions enabled, and tried Alpha 6, with no luck on either count, unfortunately. I tried turning off the vertical sync, and my idle framerate shot up to 100fps, but when I switch between items in the main menu the framerate still drops to 15-20fps or so and renders choppily.

Intel had a graphics driver update that came out this month, but that had no effect. As far as I'm aware, there's no even anything else I can try.

The crappiest part is this thing can handle streaming full-rate Blu Rays over my network without issue but can't render the menu. On top of that, the hardware's capable of it. The menus work in both OS X and Linux just fine. Unfortunately the OS X version won't get HD Audio, and the Linux version is a continual pain in my butt (through no fault of XBMC itself, it's the Linux backend stuff). Sad
Curious to know, do you launch xbmc using 3rd party software?

Xbmc would run choppy for me if I launched it using a remote command via eventghost. But if I launched xbmc by just clicking the xbmc icon with a mouse, xbmc would then run very smooth... it was very weird and I couldn't find a logical reason for this to happen. Try killing any 3rd party apps and run xbmc directly and see what happens??

(2012-10-26, 02:02)loggio Wrote: Curious to know, do you launch xbmc using 3rd party software?

Xbmc would run choppy for me if I launched it using a remote command via eventghost. But if I launched xbmc by just clicking the xbmc icon with a mouse, xbmc would then run very smooth... it was very weird and I couldn't find a logical reason for this to happen. Try killing any 3rd party apps and run xbmc directly and see what happens??

No. Fresh install of Windows. XBMC is literally the only thing installed, and I launch it directly.
Some additional information: as a last ditch effort I upgraded to Windows 8. Now it's working flawlessly. I don't know why Windows 7 was causing problems, but whatever it was isn't present in 8.
I just created an account to reply to this post in which I'm having the exact issue.

I'm running Server 2008 R2 on a desktop - using Synergy for mouse/keyboard from my laptop. The desktop runs a quad core Q6600 w/8800gt @ 8gb of ram. Needless to say, theres a lot that could go wrong. I've spent the last 8 hours on/off trying to fix this same exact issue. I was so pissed when I found how easy it was.

The issue was exactly the same...I could get 2-3 icons to load in the cache but jumping to something more would cause a noticeable delay and drop in FPS.

Right click the icon for XBMC >> Properties >> Compatability tab >> Choose to run it as XP SP3.

The caching of icons was resolved immediately.

Now FPS seems to average 80 or better when changing menus - whereas before it was common for it to stutter around 2-5 FPS.
When I was originally debugging this issue, I got a ton of comments making sure I *wasn't* in compatibility mode. If I recall, running in compatibility mode causes a problem somewhere else in XBMC. I'm glad it fixed the issue for you, but you may want to investigate that a little bit to be sure.
When using Intel G31 integrated video, I did not have this problem; however, after upgrading to Radeon HD5450, the XBMC interface is extremely choppy. The problem was fixed by running XBMC in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

I am running XBMC 12.2.
(2013-12-05, 06:16)Marc A Wrote: When using Intel G31 integrated video, I did not have this problem; however, after upgrading to Radeon HD5450, the XBMC interface is extremely choppy. The problem was fixed by running XBMC in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

I am running XBMC 12.2.
I also have an AMD 5450, and I get laggy menus even in XP compatibility mode. The only fix is to use <allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex> which causes a whole set of other problems.
(2013-12-05, 12:25)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 06:16)Marc A Wrote: When using Intel G31 integrated video, I did not have this problem; however, after upgrading to Radeon HD5450, the XBMC interface is extremely choppy. The problem was fixed by running XBMC in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

I am running XBMC 12.2.
I also have an AMD 5450, and I get laggy menus even in XP compatibility mode. The only fix is to use <allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex> which causes a whole set of other problems.

It has to be the Radeon drivers.
(2013-12-10, 08:08)Marc A Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 12:25)StinDaWg Wrote:

I am running XBMC 12.2.

I've used every driver from 12 to 13.11 beta. Which driver are you using?
(2013-12-10, 08:52)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 08:08)Marc A Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 12:25)StinDaWg Wrote: I also have an AMD 5450, and I get laggy menus even in XP compatibility mode. The only fix is to use <allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex> which causes a whole set of other problems.

I've used every driver from 12 to 13.11 beta. Which driver are you using?
I'm currently on 13.9.
(2012-10-26, 04:02)gizmotoy Wrote:
(2012-10-26, 02:02)loggio Wrote: Curious to know, do you launch xbmc using 3rd party software?

No. Fresh install of Windows. XBMC is literally the only thing installed, and I launch it directly.
Funny thing. I just formatted my computer a few days ago. Xbmc was one of the first things I installed. It would open, navigate menus just fine, art was fine, movies/tv were great. Everything was great, except it wouldn't close. It would hang on when trying to close and need an ctrl-alt-delete to get rid of it. I installed a few windows updates and that solved that problem...

So, I don't know exactly what the problem was other than some missing update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GUI Interface jerky/choppy when navigating menus0