Does Tvheadend support recording new/non-repeat episodes only? (re Tvheadend branchs)
I've started experimenting with Tvheadend and it's really an excellent piece of software but the main version (latest Git from github.com/tvheadend) has only very basic recording functions. For example, you can only specify a time and date to record.

However, I'm used to scheduling recordings for "new episodes only" or "non-repeat episodes" using over DVR software (ie. MythTV, For The Record, etc).

It looks like Tvheadend has several branches (adamsutton, john-tornblom, etc) so does anybody know if any of these have the features I'm looking for? I'm using Schedules Direct (tv_grab_na) xmltv data which does contain episode information, original airing information, etc, etc.
If you're using schedules direct then nearly . I have included ddprog_id support so it will do series link based on that.

Though for now you ll have to setup from the tvh ui as xbmc doesn't have support, bit hopefully will soon.

With regard to not recording repeats it will do proper duplicate detection with ddprog_if but not repeat ignore, I.e only first time airings.

Please submit a feature request to lonelycoder.com if that's something you'd like added. I do have an open ticket for general DVR work I plan to do.

Adam
OK - I'll add a feature request. Also, I have no problem using the tvh ui... (for now I'd rather use that anyways)

I'm not familiar with the xmltv data but it sounds like every show has a program id? (ddprog_id)

Right now in the Git version of tvh it does show alternate showtimes so I'm guessing it's already using that information? (I'm not sure what you meant proper duplicate detection but "not repeat ignore")

I know that original airing date (ie. "first time shows") is available in xmltv though but I'm just not sure which tag it's in. However, really this feature is the only thing holding me back from using tvh full-time.

Thanks for all your work adam!
Ddprog_id is a schedules direct episode numbering scheme that allows the to give each episode a unique ID and where relevant a series ID.

I added this support to tvh some months back based on user request since it fits my new epg structure perfectly.

It will not re record duplicate shows based on these IDs . However I've not as yet had called to support previously-aired, so it will record a show that might be a repeat butt tvh had not previously recorded.

Adam
OK - I've created ticket 1167 for this feature request.

Thanks for the explanation of the ddprog_id... That makes perfect sense. Also, I've read your DVR suggestions document (not sure where I found the link) and your ideas sound perfect. Hopefully you can find some time to implement this feature as well!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Tvheadend support recording new/non-repeat episodes only? (re Tvheadend branchs)0