Win HD Audio driver ASrock A75M
I am having issues with frames per minute dropping down to 5 to 6 frames per minute and traced it to the Realtech HD audio driver. I read the sticky instructions for Audio issues in Frodo and removed the Realtech driver.... The problem is locating the correct HD audio driver for my ASrock A75M board. I have looked high and low and searched (I thought I had seen a link in the past to the correct driver) I just can't find it and its driving me MAD! The stock windows driver only allowes me to output in stereo 2 channel..... Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.
Sean
This is likely what you want http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pag...river.aspx
Which processor/GPU are you using? If it's an AMD APU, you might be able to find the right driver here.

Edit: This is what you get for not refreshing the page before you post, hah.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
Also make sure the setting in system/audio are set properly. For example, If I have AC3 capable receiver checked, I will get only 5-6 frames per second. I believe that is either because my TV isn't really capable to decode the AC3, or the driver will not pass it through properly.
Thanks for the replies, I will try the beta driver but if I am correct this will only cover the graphics part of the APU. I am running the AMD A3400 Llano processor. I have tried un-checking each audio option one at a time with no luck. While reading the audio sticky for Frodo I see that there are known issues with the Realtech HD audio driver and it says to only use the AMD Audio driver. I will try the Beta and see. Thanks again for the quick response.
Sean
Must be a Realtek and AMD issue, as I have a Realtek with onboard Intel GPU and it works fine as long as I don't check that one option. For what it's worth though I am just using the default MS drivers for the Realtek audio chip.
No joy..... I tried the Beta driver and that appears to be a graphics driver only. I can not find a driver to replace the windows based driver for the HD audio. Keep the ideas flowing.....

Sean
I had the same issue and found an auto detect driver download program on AMD's website. I downloaded and installed it, and it ran the proper driver updates for my board. did you look for that on AMD's website? Here is the direct download link:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...etect.aspx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio driver ASrock A75M0