XBMCBuntu jerky graphics
Hi All,

I am having a problem with my XBMCbuntu Eden install. Immediately after installation everything seemed to work very smoothly. However after rebooting everything has gone very jerky - both interface and video are slow to respond.

Dropping out into the desktop environment, loading a terminal window and dragging it around is also very jerky with ghosts of the window visible for a few fractions of a second.

At first I wondered if this was a RAM issue but running free -m shows I have 2511 installed and only 288 being used. I am therefore assuming it must be a graphics issue.

I know nothing about setting up graphics drivers in linux and Xorg.conf just confuses the hell out of me so I don't know where to start.

Can anyone lend any advice on what to look for/how to fix this?

My hardware is as follows: Compaq nc4400 laptop. Intel T2300 1.66GHz Core Duo CPU. Intel Corp Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML graphics controller.

Many thanks

Andy
Intel graphics driver which comes with Oneiric does not even meet systems requirements for XBMC (shader model). Either you install new drivers from some ppa or try a alfa version of XBMCbuntu based on Precise.

EDIT: iirc VAAPI is not enabled in current alfa version of XBMCBunut.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu jerky graphics0