Configure keys for screen VideoOverlay?
I'm trying to figure out where i should put my remote keys for this screen, and i can't figure it out. I downloaded some skinhelp overlay so when this screen is open i have a red and blue text in the top left corner.

MyVideoNav.xml(blue text) and VideoOverlay.xml(red text) but i cant find these sections in any keymap file, and if i try to add sections with those names(without the .xml part) nothing happens.

So where do i configure the keys for that screen?
I'm thinking that someone must have customized the keys for that screen?
Isn't this used for skinning? Are you trying to create your own skin or modify an existing one? If so, you'll have better luck asking in the more appropriate Skin Help and Support forum or in one of its skin-specific subforums.

If you'd like, I can move this thread there (just tell me which subforum).
Maybe you're right. Please move the thread to the general Skin Help and Support forum, since it is not a question about a specific skin. Thank you.
I'm new to XBMC but i've gotten the impression that it was possible to customize key bindings for all screens? But maybe not?
When i see what skinners can do, amazing things, i find it hard to understand that this is such a difficult question to answer. Is it the question itself that is hard to understand? English is not my native language.
the video overlay is a modeless dialog, meaning... it does not accept any input.
you can't control it, therefor there's no section for it in the keymap.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok, but it does react to keys in the global section, shouldn't it be possible to make a section for that screen then? Maybe i should make a feature request and hope for the best.
nope, the video overlay does not react to any key input,
it's the underlying window that does.

if you want to configure the key input in the video library (MyVideoNav.xml),
use the <MyVideoLibrary> section in the keymap file.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you, maybe that's what i want. Is there a reason why the screens and the sections have different names? Makes it hard to find out what to edit.
Turn on debug in settings. It will show you the name of what you are looking at. Or if you put your mouse on it.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configure keys for screen VideoOverlay?0