International Characters support in XBMC?
i was wondering if xbmc developers are planning on adding support for foreign language mp3 filenames in xbmc.  i have a bunch of israeli songs in hebrew that come out as junk/garbage in xbmc.  

thanks guys! Smile
just use a suitable ttf font and it'll be fine (appearance->look and feel)

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

first of all, i want to thank you for the help on the international characters fix!

also, is it possible to increase the font size for the filenames displayed in xbmc? the reason i ask is because i am going to be using xbmc in my car on my 8" oem navi screen and it would be great to see the files more clearly so that i dont have to strain my eyes or get in an accident! Smile

thanks again
see font.xml in the skin you are using. it's all skinnable Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

im looking at the font.xml file now and i dont see where it mentions specifically the directory listing font size... can you possibly help me with that? Smile

thanks
the list control says it uses a particular font name (eg font13).

the size of and font file used for font13 is defined in font.xml (in the arial.ttf section)

so you can either increase the size of every instance of font13, or use another font for the list controls (see references.xml for the default implementation of these)

(jmarshall @ dec. 01 2005,00:21 Wrote:just use a suitable ttf font and it'll be fine (appearance->look and feel)

cheers,
jonathan
i just tried changing the font in xbmc to arialttf and once i did that, all my text went away! i had to go back to defeault. i am trying to find a way to get my hebrew characters to show up properly in xbmc lists.

thanks again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
International Characters support in XBMC?0