Win Compilation error
Since at least 3 days, i'm unable to compile master branch of xbmc.
I open the solution in VS2010, select DirectXRedist, start "generate XBMC", and i have the following error message :
Code:
3>..\..\xbmc\interfaces\python\generated\AddonModuleXbmcvfs.cpp(108): error C2664: 'PythonBindings::makePythonInstance' : impossible de convertir le paramètre 3 de 'const char [27]' en 'PythonBindings::TypeInfo *'
3>          Les types pointés n'ont aucun rapport entre eux ; conversion nécessitant reinterpret_cast, cast de style C ou cast de style fonction
3>..\..\xbmc\interfaces\python\generated\AddonModuleXbmcvfs.cpp(856): error C2660: 'PythonBindings::PyXBMCInitializeTypeObject' : la fonction ne prend pas 1 arguments

Translated will be something like that :
Code:
3>..\..\xbmc\interfaces\python\generated\AddonModuleXbmcvfs.cpp(108): error C2664: 'PythonBindings::makePythonInstance' : impossible to convert the parameter 3 of 'const char [27]' in 'PythonBindings::TypeInfo *'
3>          The types casted have nothing in common; convert need reinterpret_cast, cast of C style or cast of function style
3>..\..\xbmc\interfaces\python\generated\AddonModuleXbmcvfs.cpp(856): error C2660: 'PythonBindings::PyXBMCInitializeTypeObject' : The function don't take 1 arguments

My buildsdependecies are up to date.
This is because some of the definitions in the python interface have changed. Go into interfaces -> swig and select all of the *.i files in there, right click them and press "Compile". Then run the compilation of the XBMC project or the whole solution. I'm aware of the problem but haven't found an easy and automated fix.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
jpdsr,

If you checkout out new code, please clean and rebuild the solution.

Thanks.
I've cleaned the solution, rebuild, and this time it worked.
It seems you've found a solution to the problem.

Thanks.
I'm unable to compile windows version, yesterday and today, the same issue :
Code:
..\..\xbmc\interfaces\python\generated\AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp(4294): error C2664: 'XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Control::setAnimations' : impossible de convertir le paramètre 1 de 'std::vector<_Ty>' en 'const std::vector<_Ty> &'
3>          with
3>          [
3>              _Ty=std::vector<std::string>
3>          ]
3>          and
3>          [
3>              _Ty=XBMCAddon::Tuple<XBMCAddon::String,XBMCAddon::String>
3>          ]
3>          Raison : impossible de convertir de 'std::vector<_Ty>' en 'const std::vector<_Ty>'
3>          with
3>          [
3>          ]
3>          and
3>          [
3>          ]
3>          Aucun opérateur de conversion définie par l'utilisateur disponible qui puisse effectuer cette conversion, ou l'opérateur ne peut pas être appelé
translation :
Code:
..\..\xbmc\interfaces\python\generated\AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp(4294): error C2664: 'XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Control::setAnimations' : unable to convert parameter 1 of 'std::vector<_Ty>' in 'const std::vector<_Ty> &'
3>          with
3>          [
3>          ]
3>          and
3>          [
3>          ]
3>          Reason : impossible to convert from 'std::vector<_Ty>' to 'const std::vector<_Ty>'
3>          with
3>          [
3>          ]
3>          and
3>          [
3>          ]
3>         No convert operator defined by user wich can make this conversion is avaible, or operator can't be called

EDIT : Doing what explained in post #2 allow to compile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compilation error0