• 39(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
(2013-05-01, 02:28)IanSav Wrote: Hi Manül,
(2013-04-30, 11:03)manül Wrote: It's still A600s version.
Is this likely to change soon?

Regards,
Ian.

thanks for the info.

Ive got an issue with both raspbmc and openelec for atv1 where they are using the 12.2 pre version of xbmc. Something has definately changed somewhere. either xbmc or the pvr addon.

The issue is that it will terminate livetv streaming when changing channels from one stream to another. eg watching a channel then pressing channel up. If a channel is started (not switched to) there is no problem. Stop streaming then select a channel and play no problem.

Ive just updated to the latest dvbviewer version and the recording service version thinking that maybe the older version i was using was causing a conflict but thats not fixed the issue.

Is there any config in dvbviewer pro or the recording service that needs to be set?

Anyone else experiencing the problem?

Thanks
HI there,

yesterday I recognized that the dvbviewer addon got marked as outdated (at least for the nightlies) - seems an adjustment is required to deal with the changes in xbmc (channel switching) or it might be a xbmc bug.

h3ll

Just tested 12.2 - same issue there.
Thanks for the info.

I hope the new addon still has quick channel changing times. Thats what i need for the family to use it. Timeshift isnt an issue for me.

I
(2013-05-01, 11:31)aceofclubs Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 02:28)IanSav Wrote: Hi Manül,
(2013-04-30, 11:03)manül Wrote: It's still A600s version.
Is this likely to change soon?

Regards,
Ian.

thanks for the info.

Ive got an issue with both raspbmc and openelec for atv1 where they are using the 12.2 pre version of xbmc. Something has definately changed somewhere. either xbmc or the pvr addon.

The issue is that it will terminate livetv streaming when changing channels from one stream to another. eg watching a channel then pressing channel up. If a channel is started (not switched to) there is no problem. Stop streaming then select a channel and play no problem.

Ive just updated to the latest dvbviewer version and the recording service version thinking that maybe the older version i was using was causing a conflict but thats not fixed the issue.

Is there any config in dvbviewer pro or the recording service that needs to be set?

Anyone else experiencing the problem?

Thanks

same problem here with openelec 3.01, it is related to openelec because i tried with windows 7 and it is working, hope somebody can guide to the solution.
sorry guys I was using xbmc 12.1 on windows i tried newer version of xbmc on windows and channel change did not work, so i think it is related to newer versions of xbmc.
The best for now is to use (if no timeshift is required):
XBMC Nightly, Gotham v13

DVBViewer Recording Service 1.25.0.0 or higher is required!

And the addon from my signature. If you install from ZIP the old zip-file has to be deleted first in the XBMC config folder.
Otherwise XBMC will install again the old 1.6.8 version and not the new one 1.7.8!

Example:
Code:
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages

Don't forget to make a PVR database clean in XBMC!

ONLY for Win32. May somebody can manage the compile for other platforms, I can't.

About the slow channel change times:
This is releaded to XBMC/ffmpeg itself. The addon and the RS will need ~1-2 seconds.
Just search the forum about this problem.
The Log shows the following on the Pi, looks like there is something missing...Image
@portisch: how many second are we taking about when Comparing timwshift vs no timeshift and are there any new versions a head with better swiching time on timeshift?
Hi portisch,

for me channel switching from osd is still not working - just brings me back to home screen. I'm on windows, latest nightly and your 1.7.8.

h3ll
Any news on a final release of the PVR addon which will merge all the features and that will have ThimeShift working?

Dakkar
(2013-05-03, 19:50)Dakkar Wrote: Any news on a final release of the PVR addon which will merge all the features and that will have ThimeShift working?
Not yet. I'm currently very busy with my daily work but I'll work on the merge again as soon as I can. Probably in the next ~4 weeks.
If you want timeshift you have to use my version. However timeshift won't change in the merged version as no one is working on this.
(2013-05-03, 20:15)manül Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 19:50)Dakkar Wrote: Any news on a final release of the PVR addon which will merge all the features and that will have ThimeShift working?
Not yet. I'm currently very busy with my daily work but I'll work on the merge again as soon as I can. Probably in the next ~4 weeks.
If you want timeshift you have to use my version. However timeshift won't change in the merged version as no one is working on this.

Great. Thank you.

Anyway, it is a pity that nobody is working anymore on this addon.
IMHO DVBViewer Resording Service is the best PVR Backend out there and the addon itself is very well working.
I am just missing a stable timeshift support and it would be perfect.

Dakkar
(2013-05-05, 00:07)Dakkar Wrote: I am just missing a stable timeshift support and it would be perfect.
I'm using timeshift almost daily and it's working flawlessly here. What kind of errors do you have? (increased channel switching time doesn't count Wink)
@manul: can you say anything about Channel switching times on timeshift version vs normal version?
(2013-05-06, 09:45)Bjur Wrote: @manul: can you say anything about Channel switching times on timeshift version vs normal version?

(2013-03-12, 18:46)manül Wrote: [...]
Known Bugs / Limitations
  • Timeshift will increase channel switching time to about 20 seconds in total.
[...]
With timeshift disabled it's about 3-6 seconds I think (can't remember exactly).
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12