• 63(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
@sjurtf
Can you please try one of those builds: https://manuel.mausz.at/coding/xbmc/testing/ ?
(2014-05-13, 02:14)manül Wrote: @sjurtf
Can you please try one of those builds: https://manuel.mausz.at/coding/xbmc/testing/ ?

I'll try them later today when I come home =)
(2014-05-13, 13:15)sjurtf Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 02:14)manül Wrote: @sjurtf
I'll try them later today when I come home =)
My friend just confirmed the osx64 build is working now. Hope it will work for you too.
I've replaced the osx builds for the current version and completely removed all older osx packages. So all osx builds for frodo are gone Cool

Btw the latest PVR version is already included in Gotham 13.1 beta1 Wink
Yey!!

Thank you so much manül!

It workes perfectly now =)
When I start a recording and a view minutes later I want to watch this show, I can only watch a view minutes.
The show stops and I have to start it again. Then I can watch a view minutes longer.

If I watch a recorded show which was already ended, I can watch it without problems.

Stephan
(2014-05-15, 17:48)Jaques-Ludwig Wrote: When I start a recording and a view minutes later I want to watch this show, I can only watch a view minutes.
The show stops and I have to start it again. Then I can watch a view minutes longer.

If I watch a recorded show which was already ended, I can watch it without problems.
This is known for a long time. Doubt that I can solve this. For now just watch the recording later Smile
Do you know if this is a xbmc or a dvbviewer problem?
(2014-05-15, 18:10)Jaques-Ludwig Wrote: Do you know if this is a xbmc or a dvbviewer problem?
Depends on the view. XBMC parses the header of the stream which tells XBMC its duration. However this information changes as file size grows.
Do you know if the programmer of xbmc know this problem?
(2014-05-15, 17:48)Jaques-Ludwig Wrote: When I start a recording and a view minutes later I want to watch this show, I can only watch a view minutes.

Stephan

I asked the same question a while ago in the German DVBViewer forum here.
There were a lot of explanations why this situation cannot be solved in XBMC (UPNP/DLNA problem).

I have a personal work-around (o.k., not only for this reason):
When you use DVBViewer addon, than you have to have the DVBviewer tool itself because the DVBViewer backend is the base for this.
But than you can use the DVBViewer frontend tool (which comes with the tool) to watch recordings which are still running.
Either you start the DVBViewer frontend independend of XBMC or you start it from XBMC. In that case you have to customize the main menu of XBMC to do the job. That's what I did. In XBMC I have a menu TV which starts the DVBViewer frontend. You can watch TV from there and you can see your running recordings. After you finish DVBViewer frontend XBMC comes back immediately.
The backside of this solution is you will see a completely different look&feel, different menus and so on. And you have to tune the menus to work with your remote the same way as with XBMC. But it is doable!
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
Quote:Das XBMC Plugin ist doch nur "inoffiziell" und wirklich weiterentwickelt wirds auch nicht mehr.
Rolleyes

The PVR API of XBMC already provides a working solution for this problem. Basically the PVR needs to open/close/seek the recording stream on its own. However the PVR also needs to update the current length of the recording which is something the RS API has to provide.
I'll take a closer look at this in the upcoming weeks. I'm kinda busy right know.
@manül:

Thank you very much!
(2014-05-16, 01:36)manül Wrote: The PVR API of XBMC already provides a working solution for this problem. Basically the PVR needs to open/close/seek the recording stream on its own. However the PVR also needs to update the current length of the recording which is something the RS API has to provide.
I'll take a closer look at this in the upcoming weeks. I'm kinda busy right know.
I am not sure how DVBViewer (DVBSource Filter) handles this (I can ask the dev's if you want to) but imho XBMC has to parse every header to get the current length.

What XMBC / PVR Addon needs is a Sourcefilter/Splitter which is suitable for realtime streaming (i.e. LiveTV).
I'm using my dvbviewer / xbmc station for more then 3 years now as my ONLY Tv receiver. (twin receiver + 2 CAMs)

Always with opening DVBViewer with advanced launcher.
In the last weeks I started to switchover to this plugin - works pretty good so far. I mean - VERY good.

The only "not so pretty" thing is, that when I change channel some seconds (2?) the picture is green with artifacts. Everyone else has this problems?

So definitly thumbs up for this project. Seems I've found the best of two worlds.

Thanks
Hey manül,

because of some Firewallthings in the office I wanted to change the Streaming Port (7522) to another.

If my mind isn't fooling me, in an earlier version there was the possiblity to change this within the addon.
Can I do this with your version also? (maybe hardcoded and not over the GUI)

(2014-05-16, 13:54)NatroN Wrote: I'm using my dvbviewer / xbmc station for more then 3 years now as my ONLY Tv receiver. (twin receiver + 2 CAMs)

Always with opening DVBViewer with advanced launcher.
In the last weeks I started to switchover to this plugin - works pretty good so far. I mean - VERY good.

The only "not so pretty" thing is, that when I change channel some seconds (2?) the picture is green with artifacts. Everyone else has this problems?

So definitly thumbs up for this project. Seems I've found the best of two worlds.

Thanks

This is a problem with your graphicsdriver Wink
Disable DXVA2 and the artefacts are gone.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12