[Windows 8] XBMC RT Remote - Local Playback and PlayTo
Love this app, great work on both the phone and Windows 8 (and I hate paying for apps!). One small niggle though on the Windows 8/RT version...

On the TV shows menu, when you select a TV show to watch, only 10 seasons show up and no more. Quite a bit of my collection are large TV series' so naturally it's a bit annoying and have to revert to using the phone app, which is ok but obviously easier to use my laptop...
(2013-01-16, 23:17)BrenRich101 Wrote: Love this app, great work on both the phone and Windows 8 (and I hate paying for apps!). One small niggle though on the Windows 8/RT version...

On the TV shows menu, when you select a TV show to watch, only 10 seasons show up and no more. Quite a bit of my collection are large TV series' so naturally it's a bit annoying and have to revert to using the phone app, which is ok but obviously easier to use my laptop...

Thanks for reporting this. I have fixed it and will submit an update at once.
Any use for this on a desktop? or is the primary goal a windows tablet.

Just wondering.
Hi there, I tried this a month or two back and really liked it. Trial has expired, but just before I buy it, is there already the possibility (or plans in future) to have File Browsing (ie not browsing the library but the actual source folders). I'm not sure if it's even possible with the API. This would be handy for me as I have a lot of home movies for the last 20 years and would love to be able to browse them and add them to the Play queue using this app. Thanks!
(2013-01-17, 10:28)zetterlund Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 23:17)BrenRich101 Wrote: Love this app, great work on both the phone and Windows 8 (and I hate paying for apps!). One small niggle though on the Windows 8/RT version...

I downloaded the update (although not sure it is the one that has the fix), and it's still happening...unless I'm doing something wrong?
(2013-01-17, 21:21)BrenRich101 Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 10:28)zetterlund Wrote:

I downloaded the update (although not sure it is the one that has the fix), and it's still happening...unless I'm doing something wrong?

That's another update. The fix is in certification at Microsoft right now.
(2013-01-17, 18:59)tdhz77 Wrote: Any use for this on a desktop? or is the primary goal a windows tablet.

Just wondering.

It works on a desktop, but like all metro apps, in my opinion, is that theirmain purpose is for touch enabled devices.

(2013-01-17, 20:26)jdbrookes Wrote: Hi there, I tried this a month or two back and really liked it. Trial has expired, but just before I buy it, is there already the possibility (or plans in future) to have File Browsing (ie not browsing the library but the actual source folders). I'm not sure if it's even possible with the API. This would be handy for me as I have a lot of home movies for the last 20 years and would love to be able to browse them and add them to the Play queue using this app. Thanks!

It's not yet implemented but the work on the feature has begun, give me another week or two and it will be though.
Nice to see that your support is active. I updated the app today, here are some bugs I found using Frodo.
- tv show list in poster mode displays the banner images cropped instead of poster. I have a poster.jpg defined for each show and the web interface displays then all.
-changes in xbmc for fanart/thumb/poster/.. are not reflected in the app, I suspect a strong caching. In this case an option to refresh cached data would be nice if the app cannot detect changes by itself.
-if an episode thumbnail was not already displayed in xbmc, it is not generated for the app. I don't know if it is a limitation of xbmc but it would by nice to force thumbnail generation.
-in portrait orientation, the app crash while selecting a tv show.
-small thing, when you select a movie/show first data shown is the data of the first movie/show then it updates to the selected one.

Anyway, I like your work and I find this version more stable. Thank you for your work :-)
(2013-01-17, 22:57)ramouch0 Wrote: Nice to see that your support is active. I updated the app today, here are some bugs I found using Frodo.
- tv show list in poster mode displays the banner images cropped instead of poster. I have a poster.jpg defined for each show and the web interface displays then all.
-changes in xbmc for fanart/thumb/poster/.. are not reflected in the app, I suspect a strong caching. In this case an option to refresh cached data would be nice if the app cannot detect changes by itself.
-if an episode thumbnail was not already displayed in xbmc, it is not generated for the app. I don't know if it is a limitation of xbmc but it would by nice to force thumbnail generation.
-in portrait orientation, the app crash while selecting a tv show.
-small thing, when you select a movie/show first data shown is the data of the first movie/show then it updates to the selected one.

Anyway, I like your work and I find this version more stable. Thank you for your work :-)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting it.
I'll fix this during the weekend.
Hi,

I really like your app, it works best of all available ones :-)
Since the update today, it is all in French...is there the possibilty to change the language? (I don't know if the language is automatically chosen, I'm from Switzerland where a part of the people do speak french (but I do not really ;-))

Also the app is more stable (I emailed you during the week regarding a bug in the movie collection (timeout after a long time and nothing displayed))
This works now perfect.
But the same problem exists with Artists/Albums....it tries to load, and after like 5 seconds the loading icon disappears and the screen stays black...
I do not really need the music section at the moment so it is ok for me, just wanted to inform you :-)

So keep up your good work
Thanks, I'll fix that asap.

Regarding the language. It's controlled by the preferred language in Windows.
To change the preferred language go to start in Windows, bring out the charms menu and type 'language' and select settings.
start the language configuration tool and add your preferred language, English I suppose, and higlight it when installed and select 'Move up' so that it's above your current French language
(2013-01-18, 18:09)zetterlund Wrote: Thanks, I'll fix that asap.

To change the preferred language go to start in Windows, bring out the charms menu and type 'language' and select settings.
start the language configuration tool and add your preferred language, English I suppose, and higlight it when installed and select 'Move up' so that it's above your current French language

Hi,

ok thanks, that worked, french was really over english ;-)

looking forward to your next updates
(2013-01-18, 18:09)zetterlund Wrote: Thanks, I'll fix that asap.

have they fixed it so it no longer uses the prefered keyboard input?
that was really anoying
I was wondering, is it possible to list available subtitles and choose directly from a list?
As of today a new version has been released.
Unfortunately it doesn't include any new functionality
But, it increases performance quite a lot.

Enjoy! Smile

Ps. A version with new features is on its way as well..
hello, can anyone post fottage of this app in action? i am looking for a touch screen remote control solution to control my HTPC running windows 8 enterprise and XBMC. Does this app allow the surface to control but not stream/display the media content? i would like to get rid of the keyboard and mouse setup and just use the surface as a remote control for my HTPC.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows 8] XBMC RT Remote - Local Playback and PlayTo1