pitch change on the fly and equalizing
Hi. i have a 2 part question.

the first one is probably the easiest. Is there a plugin for xbmc that equalizes every track on your drive so that it is the same volume.

the second question is.
im looking for a plugin that will change the pitch, not the tempo, on the fly.
Basically i would like every track that i put on to play in 432hz instead of 440hz.
You can do it in audacity but you have to convert it and that would take forever.
Would just like it to do it on the fly whenever i play a song.

Cheers
sorry, someone has to ask why and it may as well be me...concerning the pitch change that is.
If you google 432hz youll find out why. Verdi and Mozart's work was recorded in 432hz. Apparently Joesef Goebbels changed the concert pitch from 432hz to 440hz.I wont get into why but I have done some conversions with audacity and i believe it is much nicer to listen to :-) Try yourself. I recommend converting an acoustic song or something similar.
where has it been moved to?
there is already something for the first question - google Replaygain. You will need to use Foobar with the ReplayGain plugin or Winamp to analyze the files and write the ReplayGain tags to the tracks, but XBMC supports ReplayGain-tagged files.

for the second question - no. We allow forced resampling of audio data (see the <resample> tag in the Wiki) but it will not change the pitch. Resamplers work hard to maintain the pitch per the original. That and it's just too obscure a request to code for - bigger fish to fry.....
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pitch change on the fly and equalizing0