Linux HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based
It's Linux, almost everything can be adjusted Smile. But I don't think there is a solution that allows you skip the grub menu after a power failure. Not that I know of anyway.

If Grub has found another OS it will show the Grub menu by default. Google for "Grub 2" combined with "Ubuntu server" and I'm pretty sure you'll find an answer to your question.
Why "Ubuntu server"? Because it has no windows manager and it's widely used. So the procedures will be the same as is the case with your installation.

Showing the Grub boot menu is NOT the default behavior. If it's showing it by default on your machine then your machine is the exception. Please use google to find a solution. Almost everything has been done before and almost everything is documented somewhere. The trick is to find it Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems

Messages In This Thread
Upstart XBMC issue with Quit - by vosip - 2013-01-15, 07:50
HOW-TO: upgrade xbmc from ppa - by un1versal - 2012-11-16, 20:17
RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10 - by Bram77 - 2013-01-14, 17:38
Green Button MCE Remote - by emagin - 2013-02-11, 23:49
HOW-TO: Automated XBMC Ubuntu - by n1md4 - 2013-02-20, 23:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based11