Linux HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based
(2013-06-02, 17:50)fritsch Wrote: I worked with AMD for the 13.6 beta drivers and they fixed some bugs, we were working on since a long time. If you are on Raring, you don't have another chance at all.

Btw. I think, you should give OpenELEC a try, this embedded linux distribution does exactly what you want and is easy to install. Guiding you through a linux terminal session, while you are copy / pasting commands is not the way to go.

Link: www.openelec.tv

Hi again, fritsch,

The issue is that I want a whole O.S., not only a bootable XBMC. I need a Windows-look-like O.S that allows me to have XBMC, web browser, torrent, file-sharing.....

I tried openelec and seems great, but it's not an O.S, its a bootable XBMC. I've mod kubuntu from original to this:

And I've meet all the requeriments I need by now, all but XBMC and correct media-playing on it.

This is the reason I want to get XBMC working on kubuntu, but if you think I'm on the wrong way and there is an easier way to get what I need, I'll listen to you, although it would be hard for me to start again from the beggining, since I assure I've put a huge quantity of time an affort to this.

Now I'm gonna google to know about SSD and gonna try again to install 13.6 drivers and XBMC.

Thanks a lot

Messages In This Thread
Upstart XBMC issue with Quit - by vosip - 2013-01-15, 07:50
HOW-TO: upgrade xbmc from ppa - by un1versal - 2012-11-16, 20:17
Green Button MCE Remote - by emagin - 2013-02-11, 23:49
HOW-TO: Automated XBMC Ubuntu - by n1md4 - 2013-02-20, 23:38
RE: HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based - by Tassadar - 2013-06-02, 18:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based11