Problem with adding movie
Been trying to add Prometheus to XBMC and I am having some frustrating issues. I have Prometheus in my movies folder named as Prometheus (2012) folder and movie both like the rest of my movies. XBMC scrapes it successfully, but the movie does not appear except in File mode. I have reloaded the data, moved the folder out of movies and back in, renamed it a couple times, nothing thus far. Any ideas?

Might be unrelated but some 2012 tv shows will not add as Tv Show (2012), only without the year.
Post a debug log on a paste in type site and post a link in this thread

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Just as a reference point, I created a folder in my Movies folder called "Prometheus (2012)" and, within it, created a dummy file called "Prometheus (2012).mkv". When I updated my library, an entry was added to my movies library called "Prometheus", with the correctly scraped fanart, description, etc.

So, we'll need to see that debug log (wiki) posted to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com as Chris! mentioned above. Be sure to first enable debug logging in XBMC and then do a library update so this information is captured in the debug log before you upload it. Post the URL link to your uploaded log here with your reply so folks here can take a look at it.
Okay, I started xbmc up and got this log:
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9453
then scaned again to be sure
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9454

Thanks for the help guys
17:19:02 T:6764 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting G:\Movies\Prometheus (202)\
17:19:02 T:6764 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'G:\Movies\Prometheus (202)\' as it's empty or doesn't exist - adding to clean list
17:19:02 T:6764 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting G:\Movies\Prometheus\

Prometheus (202) sould be 2012 but this is not the issue here.
looks more like if there are folder permissins that bugs you

Try moving out the folder, create a new folder named "Prometheus" within it create a dummyfile with mkv extention. and test if it gets indexed.
if this works delete the dummy file and move in the movie file.
Looks like you have two listings...or a corrupt library; copy the movie out, do a system clean-up and check to see if you are really clean, then re-copy and refresh.

G:\Movies\Prometheus (2012)\' due to no change (fasthash)
VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'G:\Movies\Prometheus (202)\' as it's empty or doesn't exist - adding to clean list
To add to the responses above, it looks like you have three directories defined:
G:\Movies\Prometheus\
G:\Movies\Prometheus (202)\
G:\Movies\Prometheus (2012)\

Did you rename one or more of these directories after it had already been previously scanned? I would do a "Clean library" to see if it'll get rid of the entries that are no longer valid.

Yes those were the renaming to try and get the movie to appear, just deleted the one, and the whole date. I tried the clean library after moving out the folder, back in, but no luck. Tried 2 dummy files after cleaning the library again, The Help dummy file worked but Prometheus dummy did not?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with adding movie0