• 9(current)
Win [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued
(2013-01-12, 02:04)MDDSD Wrote: I've built a new version of ViaplayLauncher.exe with improved automatic playback that should now work every time.
Also the load time, from that you login to the playback is started is reduced.

You can download the new version here.

Try this and let me know.

just tried it, didn't really notice any difference in the loadtime from when chosen to actual start, the login proces is still the one that "feels" longest, didn't mesure. but this time it started to movie correctly.
Hi, Im using this addon on windows 8 and everything ecxept that when I press the stop button on the remote it takes me to the windows desktop and not back to XBMC. Anyone else having the same problem?
(2013-01-12, 12:41)krillep Wrote: Hi, Im using this addon on windows 8 and everything ecxept that when I press the stop button on the remote it takes me to the windows desktop and not back to XBMC. Anyone else having the same problem?

That's strange, I'll have to test this on my Windows8 box.
(2013-01-12, 12:41)krillep Wrote: Hi, Im using this addon on windows 8 and everything ecxept that when I press the stop button on the remote it takes me to the windows desktop and not back to XBMC. Anyone else having the same problem?

I've now tested the Viaplay addon on Windows 8 and I cannot reproduce the same behavior. For me it works just fine.
What remote are you using, is it a standard MCE remote?
Hello MDDSD

Thanks for making this addon for xbmc, i just have a few issues as new user that i either dont get or is doing wrong (might be the last i know Wink). I am using the Danish version og viaplay, and have added my login for viaplay page, but when i launch it it seems to try to login to the swedish page first then jump to the danish viaplay site. This means that it will ask me every single time for my details to login to play episodes and movies, which is rather annoying.

I dont have a mce remote connected to my xbmc, but am using a small keyboard instead, could this be giving me some issues? Are there any keyboard shortcuts to play/stop etc?

I am using XBMC Frodo v12 RC3 on Windows 7 64bit with MS Explorer 9. What is the recommended browser to use for this?
(2013-01-14, 09:38)Bygone Wrote: Hello MDDSD

Thanks for making this addon for xbmc, i just have a few issues as new user that i either dont get or is doing wrong (might be the last i know Wink). I am using the Danish version og viaplay, and have added my login for viaplay page, but when i launch it it seems to try to login to the swedish page first then jump to the danish viaplay site. This means that it will ask me every single time for my details to login to play episodes and movies, which is rather annoying.

I dont have a mce remote connected to my xbmc, but am using a small keyboard instead, could this be giving me some issues? Are there any keyboard shortcuts to play/stop etc?

I am using XBMC Frodo v12 RC3 on Windows 7 64bit with MS Explorer 9. What is the recommended browser to use for this?

Thanks Smile
You could try a new version of the Viaplaylauncher.exe (which handles the automatic login and playback) and see if that helps.
It should switch to the loginpage for viaplay.dk instead of the Swedish one.
You can download the new version of viaplaylauncher.exe here.
There is also a new version of MceRemoteHandler.exe, you can download it here.

To replace the old versions, follow these steps:
Press the Start button and paste this into Run: "%appdata%\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.viaplay\resources\lib"
Then press enter and the File Explorer will open with the correct path, replace both Viaplaylauncher.exe and MceRemoteHandler.exe with the ones you've downloaded.

With the new MceRemoteHandler.exe you should be able to control the playback, by using the same keys as in XBMC:

Play: Ctrl-shift-P
Pause: Q
stop: Ctrl-shift-S
Forward: Ctrl-shift-F
Rewind: Ctrl-shift-B

Note that Forward and Rewind only works as quick buttons to start from the begining or continue playback, if you've already started to watch an episode or movie.

The ViaplayLauncher.exe has improvements to the automatic login, the application should now go to the correct login page (based on the country setting in addon in XBMC).
The loadtime is also improved (but it's only about a second)...

Try this and let me know if it fixes your problems.

I'll release a new version later this week that will include these and other improvments.
I've released a new version with a lot of fixes and few new features.
Viaplay has made some changes to their website so it's recommended to use the new version of the addon.
(2013-01-14, 20:37)MDDSD Wrote: I've released a new version with a lot of fixes and few new features.
Viaplay has made some changes to their website so it's recommended to use the new version of the addon.

Excellent thank you, that fixes the login issue i had, but now i have a new issue. When starting a movie from youre plugin it loads viaplay and begin the movie correctly,
1. but how do i tell it to do max bitrate quality each time?
2. and how do i make it go full screen each time?
3. my last issue is when i stop the movie and viaplay and the mceremote.exe stops then i dont go back into xbmc anymore, any idea why?

Thanks in advance for any help

/Steen
Quote:Excellent thank you, that fixes the login issue i had, but now i have a new issue. When starting a movie from youre plugin it loads viaplay and begin the movie correctly,
3. my last issue is when i stop the movie and viaplay and the mceremote.exe stops then i dont go back into xbmc anymore, any idea why?

/Steen

1. You should be able to click on the little meter icon in the Viaplay player. If you click that you should get a menu that will let you select the quality.
I've not had any problems with this myself, I always get the the maximum bitrate. Try setting it on either automatic or highest.

2. To make it go full screen you either press the OK button on the MCE remote or you press the Return key on your keyboard.
To go back from full screen you can use the Back button on the MCE remote or use backspace.
To pause you can either use the Play or Pause button on the MCE remote or press Space on your keyboard.

3. That's strange, I'm using the addon on four different computers and have not had any issues with returning to xbmc.
Do you get this behavior frequently?
(2013-01-14, 21:56)MDDSD Wrote:
Quote:Excellent thank you, that fixes the login issue i had, but now i have a new issue. When starting a movie from youre plugin it loads viaplay and begin the movie correctly,

/Steen

1. You should be able to click on the little meter icon in the Viaplay player. If you click that you should get a menu that will let you select the quality.
I've not had any problems with this myself, I always get the the maximum bitrate. Try setting it on either automatic or highest.

2. To make it go full screen you either press the OK button on the MCE remote or you press the Return key on your keyboard.
To go back from full screen you can use the Back button on the MCE remote or use backspace.
To pause you can either use the Play or Pause button on the MCE remote or press Space on your keyboard.

3. That's strange, I'm using the addon on four different computers and have not had any issues with returning to xbmc.
Do you get this behavior frequently?

1, i know about the meter but it resets each time, it resets to automatic each time i start a new movie, which is annoying as auto is like 2mbit and not 3mbit, i am on fiber inet 30/30 so i have no BW issues.

2. ill test those shortcuts in a min.

3. viaplay is the only addon in my xbmc that leaves xbmc interface, so this is my first. When i ran the first tests it did auto go back to xbmc, dunno what has changed since then!
Quote:1, i know about the meter but it resets each time, it resets to automatic each time i start a new movie, which is annoying as auto is like 2mbit and not 3mbit, i am on fiber inet 30/30 so i have no BW issues.

3. viaplay is the only addon in my xbmc that leaves xbmc interface, so this is my first. When i ran the first tests it did auto go back to xbmc, dunno what has changed since then!

I've built a new version of the MceRemoteHandler.exe (that handles all the shortcut keys for the remote and keyboard when controlling the playback).

I've added support for activating XBMC after the playback i stopped, this will ensure that you will get back to XBMC.
Also I've added an experimental function that let's you set the bitrate when playback is in fullscreen.
Use the channel up button on the MCE remote to set the bitrate to highest.

To replace the old version of MceRemoteHandler.exe, follow these steps:
Press the Start button and paste this into Run: "%appdata%\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.viaplay\resources\lib"
Then press enter and the File Explorer will open with the correct path, replace MceRemoteHandler.exe with the one you've downloaded.

Let me know if it works for you.
(2013-01-15, 08:24)MDDSD Wrote:
Quote:1, i know about the meter but it resets each time, it resets to automatic each time i start a new movie, which is annoying as auto is like 2mbit and not 3mbit, i am on fiber inet 30/30 so i have no BW issues.

I've built a new version of the MceRemoteHandler.exe (that handles all the shortcut keys for the remote and keyboard when controlling the playback).

I've added support for activating XBMC after the playback i stopped, this will ensure that you will get back to XBMC.
Also I've added an experimental function that let's you set the bitrate when playback is in fullscreen.
Use the channel up button on the MCE remote to set the bitrate to highest.

To replace the old version of MceRemoteHandler.exe, follow these steps:
Then press enter and the File Explorer will open with the correct path, replace MceRemoteHandler.exe with the one you've downloaded.

Let me know if it works for you.

That sounds awesome indeed, that shortcut for bitrate on remote could you make that available on keyboard shortcut as well? Ill test it later tonight.
Quote:That sounds awesome indeed, that shortcut for bitrate on remote could you make that available on keyboard shortcut as well? Ill test it later tonight.

I've built a new version of the MceRemoteHandler that also has support for CTRL + SHIFT + B to set the highest bitrate.
It's only available in fullscreen. You can download the latest version here.
Awesome addon! Is there a way to install this on apple tv (2nd gen) with jb? I tried but got this message "add-on does not have the correct structure" when trying to install from .zip
(2013-01-15, 20:51)Il_Conte Wrote: Awesome addon! Is there a way to install this on apple tv (2nd gen) with jb? I tried but got this message "add-on does not have the correct structure" when trying to install from .zip

This is not possible due to Silverlight not supporting appletv.
Silverlight is only supported on Windows and Mac OS/X.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued9