• 10(current)
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types
(2013-06-19, 22:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 12:42)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 23:41)Lunatixz Wrote: use this:
http://findandreplace.codeplex.com/

create a batch file with:

xcopy X:\xbmc\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv\settings2.xml /V /Y x:\PICKYOURLOCATION\settings2.xml /R
C:\fnr\fnr.exe" --cl --dir "x:\PICKYOURLOCATION\" --fileMask "settings2.xml" --find "hdhomerun://111111D-0/tuner0?" --replace "hdhomerun://111111D-1/tuner1?
exit

now on your slave setup of PTV set channel sharing to: PICKYOURLOCATION

This will set and sync your other tuner to another instance of PTV

Well sure, but how are you automatically updating that file before the slave grabs that settings2.xml? Triggering on PTV Launch?

Really! Huh
You have to figure out how to launch it based on your setup...

Got it.. eventghost, wasn't even thinking like that. Setup 1 scheduled event to update schedulesdirect every week and 1 to watch the dir when that file gets changed to execute the above script.
(2013-06-20, 02:10)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 22:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 12:42)blazin912 Wrote: Well sure, but how are you automatically updating that file before the slave grabs that settings2.xml? Triggering on PTV Launch?

Really! Huh

Got it.. eventghost, wasn't even thinking like that. Setup 1 scheduled event to update schedulesdirect every week and 1 to watch the dir when that file gets changed to execute the above script.

Thinking about this agin before implementing:

1.) PTV on launch or exit updates Settings2.xml in local and well as channel sharing location
2.) Main HTPC enables Channel sharing and points to HTPC_Channels dir
3.) Slave HTPC enables Channel sharing and points to Slave_Channels dir
4.) Eventghost action watches HTPC_Channels for settings2.xml change
5.) OnChange, Settings2.xml is copied to Slave_Channels dir
6.) Update Slave_HTPC channels.... when exactly??

So say both HTPC are running, the rebuild occurs on the main HTPC, how do you trigger a rebuild on the Slave?

Is that automagic and handled already?
(2013-06-21, 22:40)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-20, 02:10)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 22:17)Lunatixz Wrote: Really! Huh

1.) PTV on launch or exit updates Settings2.xml in local and well as channel sharing location

So say both HTPC are running, the rebuild occurs on the main HTPC, how do you trigger a rebuild on the Slave?

Bad idea...
I would launch a batch to copy settings2.xml and FNR data at the launch of your other xbmc instance... use... task, cron, eg, python... is up to you!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-06-22, 00:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-21, 22:40)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-20, 02:10)blazin912 Wrote: Got it.. eventghost, wasn't even thinking like that. Setup 1 scheduled event to update schedulesdirect every week and 1 to watch the dir when that file gets changed to execute the above script.

Bad idea...
I would launch a batch to copy settings2.xml and FNR data at the launch of your other xbmc instance... use... task, cron, eg, python... is up to you!

What if they are both running at the same time? My ideal would be PTV running 24-7, you just turn on the TV and boom "cable" is there. So in that scenario when/how do the PTV instances remain sync'd? Does it require an exit/restart of PTV to keep locked?
(2013-06-22, 02:40)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-22, 00:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-21, 22:40)blazin912 Wrote: Thinking about this agin before implementing:

Bad idea...

What if they are both running at the same time? My ideal would be PTV running 24-7, you just turn on the TV and boom "cable" is there. So in that scenario when/how do the PTV instances remain sync'd? Does it require an exit/restart of PTV to keep locked?

You seem like you have a script to do this, why nto just post an example?
So random bug: My directory channel doesn't always work. If i rebuild it works, but over time it turns into some random playlist channel. Any ideas?
(2013-06-23, 15:39)blazin912 Wrote: So random bug: My directory channel doesn't always work. If i rebuild it works, but over time it turns into some random playlist channel. Any ideas?

User error! use latest fork...

(2013-06-23, 14:31)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-22, 02:40)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-22, 00:00)Lunatixz Wrote: Bad idea...

I'm willing to help but not take on all of the work! I gave you plenty of help and suggestions a simple Google search would have given you enough information to setup what you want...

If you need help ask... if you need the work done for you find someone else...
(2013-06-23, 17:52)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-23, 15:39)blazin912 Wrote: So random bug: My directory channel doesn't always work. If i rebuild it works, but over time it turns into some random playlist channel. Any ideas?

User error! use latest fork...

(2013-06-23, 14:31)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-22, 02:40)blazin912 Wrote: What if they are both running at the same time? My ideal would be PTV running 24-7, you just turn on the TV and boom "cable" is there. So in that scenario when/how do the PTV instances remain sync'd? Does it require an exit/restart of PTV to keep locked?

I'm willing to help but not take on all of the work! I gave you plenty of help and suggestions a simple Google search would have given you enough information to setup what you want...

If you need help ask... if you need the work done for you find someone else...

Don't need it done, but I've searched and I don't see any details on when PTV pulls settings2.xml data. Without that key info it is not possible for me to see when to inject a batch call to a script to find and replace a tuner number. I've scanned over the code that you've helped edit, correct me if I'm wrong, and I can't seem to put a timeline together either.

All I need is a breakdown of the timeline for PTV. If I run two instances 24-7 when do they rebuild/update the global settings2.xml? I see I can set the instances to time out and close after a set duration, but if I want them to be running 24-7, that's not ideal.

So yes I need help, figured the guy who knows the in and outs of the backend would be the place to look. Guess I'll dig more.
Is the latest fork dated 3/15/13?

That's what your signature points to as well..?
(2013-06-24, 02:03)blazin912 Wrote: Is the latest fork dated 3/15/13?

That's what your signature points to as well..?

Yeah... If I were you I would backup my setting2.XML delete it... Start clean create only 1 channel your problem channel and let me know what happens
Will do.. and I think I may have figured out a way to get what I want that precede's a FNR batch. May even be worth incorporating to the fork for others. Smile

I'll keep you posted.
(2013-06-24, 12:35)blazin912 Wrote: Will do.. and I think I may have figured out a way to get what I want that precede's a FNR batch. May even be worth incorporating to the fork for others. Smile

I'll keep you posted.

Copy and modify settings2.xml when the second PTV instance starts...
you can't copy and modify settings2.xml on the fly it will only cause problems...
only do it when PTV isn't running on both machines.
(2013-06-24, 15:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 12:35)blazin912 Wrote: Will do.. and I think I may have figured out a way to get what I want that precede's a FNR batch. May even be worth incorporating to the fork for others. Smile

I'll keep you posted.

Copy and modify settings2.xml when the second PTV instance starts...
you can't copy and modify settings2.xml on the fly it will only cause problems...
only do it when PTV isn't running on both machines.

Even better:

I'm sending you a link to my tweak to see what you think. Seems like a non-issue to do it the way I have, but will need further testing at my home to ensure it's good.
More issues, will dig into this myself, but if you have the knowledge to share, please do.

Channel Sharing:

HDHomerun working great.. other content? Failboat.

What it's doing:

Master Location - D:\Movies - Local Storage shared over network
Slave Location - Y:\Movies - Mapped drive to D: of master

PTV on Slave is trying to playing media from D:\Movies rather than Y:\Movies.

Obviously it's getting the channel info from the share channel directory, but the only thing I can think of is it's pulling the location from the cache folder. If that's the case, wiping it out would I suppose fix that, but then it would just get borked again if those files get re-generated by the master.

Do I need to point both instances to the same share location? Is there a quick guide on setting up channel sharing, if there is google cannot find it.

Let me know
(2013-06-25, 12:49)blazin912 Wrote: More issues, will dig into this myself, but if you have the knowledge to share, please do.

Channel Sharing:

HDHomerun working great.. other content? Failboat.

What it's doing:

Master Location - D:\Movies - Local Storage shared over network
Slave Location - Y:\Movies - Mapped drive to D: of master

PTV on Slave is trying to playing media from D:\Movies rather than Y:\Movies.

You have to use network shares... not direct links...
two tips to remember for networking that apply to XBMC which PTV uses and is bound by...

XBMC prefers IP's not hosts... use xxx.xxx.x.xx rather then "computer name"
all media should be on network shares, all folders and media should be scraped by network shares, all links should be to network shares...

so your setup should look like
master - 111.111.0.1\Movies
slave - 111.111.0.1\Movies

and xbmc should have a folder
Movies - 111.111.0.1\Movies (scraping this folder)

I would read http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
all the info on how XBMC works is there
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types2