[RELEASE] TheMovieDB Scraper for Movies
Hello

Got around my problem. I was mistakenly looking at the general scraper configuration instead of the configuration specific to the media source content.
Is there something wrong with the movieDB? The last few weeks i 'm getting unable to connect errors on regular basis.
(2012-11-13, 17:56)schumi2004 Wrote: Is there something wrong with the movieDB? The last few weeks i 'm getting unable to connect errors on regular basis.
When you get a failed to connect message from the scraper, have you tried going to the site via a web browser to see if it's accessible at that point in time? This may help isolate whether the problem is on their end or if there's some other issue.

(2012-11-13, 21:43)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-11-13, 17:56)schumi2004 Wrote: Is there something wrong with the movieDB? The last few weeks i 'm getting unable to connect errors on regular basis.
When you get a failed to connect message from the scraper, have you tried going to the site via a web browser to see if it's accessible at that point in time? This may help isolate whether the problem is on their end or if there's some other issue.
Haven't tried that but i can and will do. It's also strange because sometimes the scraper seems to run fine except when you do a manual search, then it always returns back to the input field, no results given.
I'll do some more testing to figure out the issue.
@artrafael I've just done a clean install of Frodo Beta 1 (got it all working first time *shock*!) but I'm struggling with TMDB scraper. I'm consistently getting the same response as schumi2004. I've checked the file names and the website - the filenames all seem fine and TMDB can find each of those films but i get bounced by the scraper for each file in XBMC with "unable to connect". Two q's for you:

1) is this a wider problem and i just need to be patient
2) is there a frodo compatible alternative (eg IMDB?) that'll do the trick??

*Thank you!*

Trev
(2012-11-16, 00:12)Teepee Wrote: @artrafael I've just done a clean install of Frodo Beta 1 (got it all working first time *shock*!) but I'm struggling with TMDB scraper. I'm consistently getting the same response as schumi2004. I've checked the file names and the website - the filenames all seem fine and TMDB can find each of those films but i get bounced by the scraper for each file in XBMC with "unable to connect". Two q's for you:

1) is this a wider problem and i just need to be patient
2) is there a frodo compatible alternative (eg IMDB?) that'll do the trick??

*Thank you!*

Trev

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145292

Fixes Windows issue with scraper Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Scraper of choice.

THANKS Smile
I've found a bug. I've set the prefered language to be spanish. It loaded one of my movies in english. So I thought that that movie will not be available in Sapnish. So I run a manual update and i found that there was the title in spanish..
How can we solve that?

Works perfectly for me!
I'm going to start by apologizing for this double post - I posted the link I am provided a couple weeks ago and just noticed that there is this official thread. I'd like to make my issue known here too:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148916

If someone has any ideas I'd appreciate the help.
Zag,

Just noticed something if i was off a letter on some of my titles... themoviedb scraper wouldn't match them at first i thought it might be an issue with things like and and &

when i had a movie named Extremely_Loud_and_Incredibley_Close
it wouldn't find it
but searching their site for Extremely_Loud_&_Incredibley_Close did

Note I had misspelled Incredibly

Another one I had was Tower Heist but my file was named Towerheist

That being said. if nothing can be done... It seems like the only way I found out about it was that I was looking at logs and saw the xbmc.log had a handful of lines like this:
"23:29:28 T:2699062080 WARNING: No information found for item 'nfs://192.168.1.104/export/Media/Movies/Bluray_iso/Extremely_Loud_and_Incredibley_Close.iso', it won't be added to the library."

It seems like (and maybe I'm wrong here) the imdb scraper would pop up at the end and let you know what it could not match.
Is there a way that something like this could be done in themoviedb scraper? if not maybe have this things output >> to there own file or some other type of notification - so that if they need to be fixed by hand, its easier to do...

It would be nice if some of these that didnt match it could run a search with just the first first 4 or 5 letters and see if it gets any matches... and maybe have a pop up that says something like your movies file name is XYZ we found X_Y-Z as a possible match: then give some options:
1) would you like to have XYZ added to the db as X_Y-Z
2) would you like to rename your file XYZ.iso to X_Y-Z.iso
3) please type the correct movie name/spelling

Dont know if there is something that can be done about misspellings or not
Will it be possible to change the fanart and the poster of the movie collections directly online like the movies?
I've just updated to Frodo on my ATV 2 and all is working fine. I've just gone to update my movie library and it no longer shows a progress indicator of when TheMovieDB scraper is running like it did on Eden

How can I get the progress indicator to show up??

Thanks in advance
(2013-02-17, 19:38)ady199 Wrote: I've just updated to Frodo on my ATV 2 and all is working fine. I've just gone to update my movie library and it no longer shows a progress indicator of when TheMovieDB scraper is running like it did on Eden

How can I get the progress indicator to show up??

Thanks in advance

AnyoneHuh

Thanks in advance
You set it to be hidden, because it is displayed by default. You should find the place again... You know, most of the times it make sense to read the options you set/enable, not just blindly enable everything as the more was better.

It's in settings, you will find it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TheMovieDB Scraper for Movies0