Backing up metadata for upgrade/downgrade
If I was to export library and set it to separate if I remember correctly it exports the metadata including fan art and posters to each individual folder if this is the case can I do this and them for example uninstall Eden and install a frodo nightly build and then when setting up sources it will detect that metadata in each of those folders and grab them instead of downloading off the Internet again

I was thinking of doing this because I have my machines sync'd with MySQL and also because I have like 1600 movies and 200 tv shows which as you imagines takes a long time to scan in if it has to be all scraped off the Internet again I am hoping by having a local copy stored in the folders with the video files it might scan through faster

Also if this works it could be an easier method of saving fan art and metadata than using a media manager like ember
Actually, installing a Frodo nightly build transparently upgrades your database, as I've recently found out. That is, unless your permissions are wrong on the database and a new table can't be created, your MySQL database silently grows a new MyVideos61 table in addition to the pre-existing MyVideos60 table, and copies all data over. Frodo builds start using it, while Eden builds continue using MyVideos60. Backing up your database with mysqladmin just in case should be sufficient.

They are obviously not synchronized, which is why mixing them in a shared database setup doesn't work. Nobody deletes the old table, by the way, it stays around, so Eden builds are none the wiser.
exporting as separate files will also create nfo's that will contain all the scraped info as well as image location info. (if you need to rebuild the database for any reason)

no need to reinstall, though. if you just install frodo over eden, it will make all necessary changes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backing up metadata for upgrade/downgrade0