[RELEASE] xbmcswift2 - plugin framework
Greetings.

Firstly, thank you for all of your work. With this plugin an unskilled first time developer like myself can get needed plugins out there, so thanks for your framework.

I have a question about thumbnail caching. I am using an API from our website to pull an image for live streams that either A: Pulls an "OFFLINE" image, or B: the icon/photo for the person streaming on that particular channel. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get around Kodi's caching to make the thumbnails refresh quickly enough in Kodi to be of any use to tell if the streams are online.

I have tried to add cache_to_disc=False, update_listing=True to the plugin.finish when listing the streams, but it doesn't appear to work for this, and the icons remain the same hours after a show has ended.

My google-fu has not been effective in this endeavor as well. Again, thank you for your time.

PS: Additional bonus question. I probably missed it somewhere along the way, but is there a function to pop up a static image or view a static image in xbmcswift2? I tried notify but it only pops up in the bottom right corner as a very small message.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] xbmcswift2 - plugin framework - by WHCTHBD - 2015-06-29, 20:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] xbmcswift2 - plugin framework2