Linux Installing xbmcbuntu on a fujisu scaleo E HTPC
Hello

Am installing xbmcbuntu on a fujisu siemens scaleo E and am having issues and I can't work out what is going on so hope you can help. The scaleo E is a high end single core pentium with 2gb of ram. Have searched the database but no one seems to have had this problem.

The htpc is running from the scart socket on the computer to the TV. The computer has many settings in the bios for differing pal setting such as pal -d etc. Whilst the front end view seems to last for a few seconds and then a blue screen, but the PC still seems to be running. The computer has many settings in the bios for differing pal setting such as pal -d etc, any idea which is the one to set. Currently its set to auto. Could it be a poorly set video setting? The computer also has a dvi and s video port card that if its removed the computer no longer boots.

Thank you
Scart socket on a PC? Do you mean the VGA port? You are installing XBMCBuntu correct?
I'm thinking the Blue Screen is being shown as the TV is not receiving any signal at all. Are you on the correct Channel/Input on the TV.

The TV your using - is it a Flat Screen or a CRT? If it's a Flat screen, it should have a PC Input (VGA).
If it's a CRT your trying to use, your better off connecting a monitor first to get it installed, then trying to change the settings within XBMCBuntu once you have it running.

--EDIT
I take that back. I've just seen the system you are referring too -

http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesuppo...nsions.jpg

but I would still attempt setting it up using the VGA Port to a monitor first.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Am back here and don't have a monitor to run it on just the TV.
Anyone?
Is there a way to enter ubuntu safe mode? Have tried hitting escape and shift but nothing happens, apart from the usual xmbc boot of course.

Think that by entering the safe mode I can see whats going on with the telly.

The telly is a JVC av-28WFT1eks
Well the fun continues and it is still not working Sad

Have set the pal version to l in the bios. Even running for the S-video lead instead of the scart lead does the same thing boots to the xmbc start screen for a couple of seconds.

Even if I do shift alt f2 to log in to the safe and the screen just fills with a few differing lines of odd letters. So that makes me think there is something else happening.

How can I access the bug report.
Finally connected a monitor to the system and the reason that the TV screen goes blank is that the computer is freezing.

So a new discovery in how to post up a log.
Hi Onerous

I tried now running XBMC-Live on my Scaleo E HTPC, which is connected to an LG 42" via DVI-to-HDMI Adapter cable without doing any
extra configuration in BIOS.!

The only Proble i have, i can't connect to the network !
Drivers which are detected automatically and loaded are 8139cp and 8139too.

Can you tell me if your network configuration works and which drivers are loaded ?

Thank you
and apologize for my bad english...

rgds
Big11
Hello

what version of XMBC are you using? I never got it to work and no one could tell me what to do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing xbmcbuntu on a fujisu scaleo E HTPC0