Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
it has been a while since the last release - so there is a new one:

27.02.2013 - Beta - r306
feature: added bulk editing of: genres, tags, movieset assignment and watched flag
feature: XBMC NFO writing should now respect many (in tmm) unused tags rather than overwrite it completely
feature: added mediainfo logos for common formats (some of the logos will appear, if you recollect mediainfo data)
feature: actor images con now be stored in .actors folder
feature: jpg and png should now be stored with the correct filetype
feature: added spoken languages (not in NFO so far)
feature: moviesets are now sorted alphabetically
feature: added sorttitle as an extra changeable field in the movie editor (will be filled automatically when in a movieset)
feature: added <fileinfo> tag in XBMC NFO
fix: fixed memory leak with mediainfo
fix: increased stacksize - mediainfo should no longer cause jvm crashes
fix: added throttling of tmdb connections (only 30 requests per 10 sec per IP is allowed)
fix: if a scraper did not find anything - nothing found will be shown in the movie chooser
fix: if a scraper did not find anything - nothing will be overwritten when force best match
fix: imdb scraper now serves more accurate search results
fix: more failsafe extraction of "external" NFOs (i.e. from Ember or XBMC)
fix: each director/writer (credits) will be stored in its own tag in the XBMC NFO
fix: only the first studio will be exported into the XBMC NFO

last but not least: there is now a official homepage for tmm (its not completely finished yet):
www.tinymediamanager.org

(2013-02-27, 21:47)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi ML - I just did a brief test, and it looks like things are good with your changes. I would definitely pay attention to fields like Genre that some users may have custom Genres and TMM should not alter those custom genres, but propagate them when saving. Right now TMM doesn't even show them at all when importing NFO's. I know that you want to stick with the IMDB-standard genres, and that's completely fine, just make sure that you don't strip values out.

One other thing - your changes to catch certification in the format <certification>USA:R</certification> works well, but you refort the value on saving back to just "R". Also, the MPAA field has a more lengthy value, the reason for the rating, e.g. "Rated R for strong language and sexual situations" and you reformat the mpaa to just the "R" rating.

Custom genres is a tricky point - I've put all TMDB/IMDB genres into an enum - so no other genres are "allowed".. This is also the reason, why I can't import them (and also rewrite). Maybe I've to rewrite them - I will have a talk to myron, how to handle this..

Certification is the other big point (on which myron already works). Certification in XBMC are not fully "defined" - see the Issue on google code (http://code.google.com/p/tinymediamanage...tail?id=20). But I am sure we will find here a solution
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Messages In This Thread
RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - by mlaggner - 2013-02-27, 22:04
Movies with multiple files - by mag_sol76 - 2014-05-07, 15:21
possible bug? - by ppwrtw - 2017-09-11, 01:28
How to reaname subtitles ? - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:24
Tags don't work - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:39
RE: HDR or Dobly vision Logos - by nmt1978 - 2020-05-10, 06:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7