• 7(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
Thanks a lot for clearing it up, I really appreciate it.
Is the name of the episode supposed to be in tvdb format or anidb format because I have one episode with this name: "Fairy Tail - 175 [720p][HorribleSubs]", and it appear has episode 75 of season 1.

EDIT: Is this the same scrapper as this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:AniDB.net ??
If you want to use that format, you need to add a custom tvshowmatching regexp to your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) to deal with it (otherwise it will get picked by the "SEE" regexp).

See the first post for a working example, although that relies on the episode number being between two dashes, e.g. " - 175 - ", to work. You can easily adapt it though, something like:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching action="prepend">
    <regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? \[[^\\/]*$</regexp>
    <regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? \[[^\\/]*$</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
should work (for the format " - 175 [..etc.").

These scrapers are based on the original AniDB.net scraper, but contains several modifications (to make them better Wink).
It's fixed now, thanks for the help Smile
I have been trying to add Anime to XBMC but I just can't seem to make it work..

My anime is in: I\Videos\Anime\Show Title\Show Title - ## - Episode Title [Fansub Group](unique id)
so for example Angel Beats episode 7 is:
I:\Videos\Anime\Angel Beats\Angel Beats! - 07 - Alive - [Mazui](a3dd1eb5).mkv

When I try to add the Anime folder to XBMC though, it recognizes the shows, but it doesn't show any episodes.
I tried adding:
Code:
     <regexp> - ()([0-9]+)((?:-[0-9]+)*) - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
or
Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <regexp> ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?\.[^\\/.]+$</regexp>
   </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
to the advancedsettings.xml but both didn't change anything.

Does anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Huh
What is the entire contents of your advancedsettings.xml? You should have exactly one set of <advancedsettings> tags, with all your settings inside them.

So:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
    <regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
would be the entirety of your advancedsettings.xml (these are my recommended regexps). If you have other settings, they would be added either before or after the tvshowmatching block (but still within the advancedsettings tags).

The other thing to check would be your log file, you should see the contents of your advancedsettings.xml printed out near the top of the log (it doesn't have to be a debug log). If you can't see it, then the advancedsettings.xml is not being recognized, so double-check the file location, and file name (e.g. make sure there isn't a hidden .txt extension).
Thanks a lot! That solved the problem for me!
I didn't know advancedsettings.xml had to go in %appdata%\XBMC\userdata so I had it situated in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata
That's why it didn't get recognized.
Thanks again for the quick and helpful reply, now I can finally use XBMC for my Anime Smile
New user here. Been putting all my DVD on a NAS and I'm trying to get XBMC setup to recognize them all.

I've run into an issue with Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu.
AniDB lists it as having 11 episodes and 2 specials (names S1 and S2), which are longer replacements for ep01.
The DVD version doesn't have the aired ep01 but has replaced it with the specials.
So I have a folder with the two DVD iso files, Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu (2003) - TV - S1.S2.Ep02.Ep03.Ep04.Ep05.iso and Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu (2003) - TV - Ep06.Ep07.Ep08.Ep09.Ep10.Ep11.
But when i scrape this series it says I only have 10 episodes, but I really have 12. So is there some short naming convention for specials that I haven't found (no need for season numbers on most anime as it just bloats the file names)?
There's no default short way to specify specials, although the second of my recommended regexps in my first post (and a couple posts above) is designed to handle specials in the format " - S1 - "...

But (and it's a big but) you can't mix episode numbering patterns in a multi-episode file name, they all have to use the same regexp (or the tvmultipartmatching regexp, but that assumes the same season).

That means if your file contains episodes from more than one season, you need to use a pattern that includes the season number, because you won't be able to mix ones that default the season. So either "S00E01E02 S01E02E03E04E05" or "0x1x2 1x02x03x04x05" are probably the best ways to go. (I'm fairly sure you can mix it up like that with the tvmultipartmatching, otherwise you'll have to write them all out.)
Ok. I find it strange to move special out to a fictional season, but AniDB looks like it does that to OAV as well. Unlike older sites like ANN which separates those as separate titles. I'll fiddle around a bit and try to get something that works for me.

Anyhow, I got one that didn't find a match with this scraper even though it's identical to the tile on AniDB (copy pasted the folder name to make sure),
"Koukaku Kidoutai S.A.C. 2nd GIG (2004)"
If I manually go down to "Koukaku Kidoutai S.A.C." I get hits, but then of course the unique part is missing so I get 5 hits.
I can't reproduce "Koukaku Kidoutai S.A.C. 2nd GIG (2004)" issue. I already have a folder called exactly that (sans the year), and I just refreshed it and it gave me two results "Koukaku Kidoutai S.A.C. 2nd GIG" and "Koukaku Kidoutai S.A.C. 2nd GIG Individual Eleven".

I tried adding the year just to make sure, but it still returned the same results (which I knew it would - the year only becomes a factor for duplicate results).

Is it possible you have "Use Google Search" turned on?
Sorry. I just noticed I used the wrong version of the AniDB scraper. It was set to use the non-modded one. Works fine now.
Hi
thanks for this mod.

I have 2 shows that did not get any fanart/poster/banner.
Gosick
Dance in the Vampire Bund

It scrap the files but the fanart/poster/banner did not appear.

Can I know where should I look?
As with the Ghost in the Shell issue above, I can't reproduce this. I have both those series already, with all the art showing up (and again I refreshed to be sure).

Turn on Debug logging and refresh one or both of the series (press 'i' whilst on the series and select refresh from the info screen).

If the issue isn't fixed by just doing that, copy the log file to http://xbmclogs.com (or use the uploader) and post a link here and I'll see if I can figure out what's happening.
Thanks. I did a manual refresh, the fanart/banner/poster came in.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8