Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
New features in 1.1.0

Thumbnail improvements
The scraper now supports the thumb "aspect" attribute, which allows you to use posters and wide banners simultaneously. Requires a fairly recent frodo build, and a skin that supports it.
In order to take advantage of this you will need to set "enable banners" to true in the settings. I've switched the default to true, but for people who've already downloaded, you'll need to enable it manually ("Posters/Banners order" will be irrelevant). When Frodo is released, I'll likely remove the option entirely.
Posters are now also fetched from the themoviedb.org.
Thumb priority is:
Posters
  1. AniDB poster
  2. themoviedb.org poster(s)
  3. theTVDB.org series poster(s)
  4. theTVDB.org season poster(s)
Banners (TV show scraper only)
  1. theTVDB.org Season-specific banner(s) (based on defaulttvdbseason in the anime-list)
  2. theTVDB.org Series banner(s)
  3. theTVDB.org Remaining seasons banners
Tag support
It's now possible to add "tags" directly from the scraper (again, requires a very recent Frodo build).
This comes in two flavours, first you can add a specific tag (or set of tags) to every title you scrape, the default is simply "Anime", but you could for example use "Anime;Animation", or even "Anime;Japanese;Animation", whatever tags you like - just separate them with a semi-colon and they'll each be added.

The second kind are direct from AniDB itself - have a look at the top 500 tags to give yourself an idea of the sort of thing you'd be in for if you enable this.
Tags on AniDB can be voted on and the "approval" rating is part of the scraped xml, so I've added an option to set the minimum approval for the tags to be used (1-20, default 10), and also an option for including tags marked as spoilers (off by default).

For example, the movie Akira currently has these (non-spoiler) tags (approval in brackets):
Quote:classic (48), awesome animation (32), social commentary (32), Tokyo destroyed (24), call my name (16), a god am I (13), cult (12), great soundtrack (12), ESP (11), civil war setting (8), high definition (8), visually stunning (8), must see classic (7), epic (6), stand-alone movie (6), battle of wits (5), futuristic motorcycle (4), power corrupts (4), adaptation distillation (3), childhood friend (3), strong male lead (3), rivalry (2).
Meaning the default minimum of 10 would result in the nine tags classic through ESP being added. Including spoilers would increase this to eleven.

A word of caution, tags in XBMC are allowed to be empty, which means if you just want to test out the tags, you might want to set the minimum up high, because even if you turn off the setting and rescrape, the now-empty tags will still remain and have to be manually deleted one-by-one.

Movie set support
Movie sets are now retrieved from themoviedb.org (Movie scraper only). On by default.
Still deciding on the best way to add missing sets to the anime-list.xml (plus I'll need to go through and add them before I add the feature).

Misc.
You can now store the imdb/tmdb id for movies (may or may not help the extra fanart addon, not sure.)
The settings have been rearranged slightly to accomodate some of these features, but it doesn't affect anything.
There were also a couple of fixes and tweaks that don't affect much of anything.

See the changelogs in the first post for all changes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by scudlee - 2012-10-24, 10:13
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8