Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
I did have a vague notion of a "Use the best match to my folder/file name" setting, which would certainly (I think) be doable. It's just a matter of carrying forward the folder name from GetSearchResults and then matching it up in the same way in GetDetails... The issue there is if you use a URL nfo file, GetSearchResults is bypassed and the scraper never even sees the folder name, so no comparison can be made. Although I don't think that's a "real" issue, it's just something people would need to be aware of - a URL nfo file means the folder name is irrelevant (and the main or official title will be used based on your other settings).

The lack of synonyms in the search (apart from the "x-jat" ones) was something I meant to address in 2.0.0 but didn't get around to. There's a slight technical niggle in the possibility of a synonym title getting higher priority over a main or official title if it has fewer digits in its id number (with everything else being identical). Because the scraper returns e.g. "Anidb Search : A1234 ~ Foo Bar" in the search results, that is what gets compared to your folder name to sort the results, so even though the synonym titles would get checked last, if your folder was "Foo Bar" and that happened to also be a synonym for a show with id 567, then the "Anidb Search : A567 ~ Foo Bar" would be seen as a better match than the "Anidb Search : A1234 ~ Foo Bar" (since it has fewer mismatching characters).

Of course it may be the case that that never occurs, but there's currently 42,488 titles in animetitles.xml, of which 13,029 are synonyms... So I feel it warrants figuring out a way to check.

There would be several ways to deal with it if it is an issue (none pretty).

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by scudlee - 2013-07-25, 14:45
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8