Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2013-07-26, 16:05)borgmanjayce Wrote: This other question is for Scudlee: When a particular anime gets scanned, does it add ALL the information from a entry on the AniDB website or just certain information?
That's a tricky question, certainly all the information that XBMC can handle is squeezed out of the AniDB API by the scraper, but not ALL of the information available is usable (such as the recommendations - there's no real place for them). Also, for example, the scraper converts the categories into genres, but not all categories can be considered to be genres and sometimes there's overlap or redundancy between categories, so some heavy filtering takes place there.

Then there's the fact that the API is not the website, and some stuff that's on the website is just not available, such as OP/ED titles - if you look on the site you'll see the name of the song, but in the API you'll just get e.g. "Opening 1". You also only get the "Main staff" in the API (just what's in the box near the top of a show's page) not the full staff that may also be available further down the page. That can lead to, say, the Studio being listed on the site but not in the API, and therefore not in XBMC. In those cases it's possible for the anime-list.xml to fill in the blanks via it's "supplemental-info" tag (and you can let me know if anything is missing and I'll add it).

And then some information doesn't come from AniDB at all: All artwork apart from the main poster comes from thetvdb.com and/or themoviedb.org; episode plots come thetvdb.com; movie certifications, trailers, and (optionally) movie sets come from themoviedb.org; movie sets by default come from the anime-movieset-list.xml.

...I hope that answers your question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by scudlee - 2013-07-26, 17:27
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8