Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2013-10-21, 19:45)DiMag Wrote:
Have the same problem as Outlaw Mantis: series are scraped OK, yet not episode is picked. Unlike Outlaw Mantis, it was ever so - I never experienced any success with episodes scraping. I usually name my episodes as 1x01-'Episode Name'.ext, which was not picked up. Then I tried Ep01.ext, Ep.01.ext, 1x01.ext - no use.

And then, I did something which did the trick: I prepended 'SeriesName'. With hindsight it should have been clear from the beginning because this is what http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...hows#Files advises you to do. But we are all justified in not heeding this advise since TheTVDB --the series scraper most frequently used-- does not insist on prepending 'SeriesName', and after a while it is natural to feel estranged if a scraper doesn't pick up a naming scheme such as I used.

Episode enumeration occurs in XBMC core, and is independent of the scraper used. I have no idea why some of those (perfectly valid) file names didn't work. As the note at Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Files (wiki) states there is no requirement for the series name to be part of the file name.

(2013-10-21, 19:59)DiMag Wrote:
My only issue thereafter is that when the scraped episodes are displayed they are listed not in their numerical order but alphabetically after their episode name -- which is of course absurd.

Check the sort order while you're in the episode view (usually left slide-out menu - depends on the skin). Make sure it hasn't accidentally been set to "Title" rather than "Episode".

(Again, nothing to do with the scraper.)

(2013-10-23, 14:16)Sp4rh4wk Wrote: Hi, thanks for advice..
btw is it possible to make this scraper to be able to search in short name on animedb?
Cause there are shows like [HorribleSubs] NouKome - 02 [1080p].mkv = Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Lovecome o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru
but scraper cant find them.

Btw basicaly for anime its ok to have filename like Anime Name - Episode Number.mkv ? (NouKome - 02.mkv) I tryed that anidb aplet that u posted, but its kinda slow and I wanted to have this automatic.

There's no current support for short names in the search, however you only need to have the long title as the folder name. The only part of the file name that is used is the episode number.

Actually, the way the search works, you could probably get away with a folder name of "Nou Come" (with the space). It would certainly match against the full show title... It just might match another title better.

This would be the regexp to match against that file name (I think):
Code:
<regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?\.[^.\\/]*$</regexp>

(I can't remember off hand if the file extension is included in the regexp. If it doesn't work try removing everything between the last ? and the $, i.e. the \.[^.\\/]* bit.)

(2013-10-23, 19:11)Saskue Wrote: I'm having a problem were the episodes are not showing under the anime . How must I rename for the episode to to show

If you're looking to rename (and are not too fussed on naming scheme), the simplest route is to pick one of the patterns from Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Files (wiki). Any of them will work without any extra work on your part.

If you have a specific naming scheme in mind, and it's not one of the defaults, I'd suggest reading some of the past posts as this comes up a lot.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by scudlee - 2013-10-23, 19:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8