• 26(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
I'd need to see a debug log (wiki) to be able to help, especially if it used to work but now doesn't.

As mentioned (frequently), most fansub file names don't get enumerated by default, leaving you with empty TV shows in the library.

To get the episodes to appear you need to either add custom tvshowmatching rules in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) (as mentioned in my previous post in reply to Sp4rh4wk), or rename your files to match one of the default patterns.
I'm having a hell of a time with some series that are continuations from a previous series. In some cases, I've just ignored the issue altogether and renamed my files, but in order to automate my entire system, I need to be able to have the scraper understand what to do with some listings. Currently the only active series that I'm watching that's affected is Kakumeiki Valvrave, which fansub groups are labeling the episode numbers for the second season without starting a new series listing (AniDB has the second season as Kakumeiki Valvrave 2). Is there a way that I can account for this? Even if it's a single series, so long as I don't have to rename my files so the scraper will understand what to do report to XBMC.
Not a lot I can do about that, sorry. Your only real option is to use the TVDB scraper with Absolute order for that show.

Fortunately, it is relatively painless to change the scraper for just one show.
Have the same problem as Outlaw Mantis: series are scraped OK, yet not episode is picked. Unlike Outlaw Mantis, it was ever so - I never experienced any success with episodes scraping. I usually name my episodes as 1x01-'Episode Name'.ext, which was not picked up. Then I tried Ep01.ext, Ep.01.ext, 1x01.ext - no use.

And then, I did something which did the trick: I prepended 'SeriesName'. With hindsight it should have been clear from the beginning because this is what http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...hows#Files advises you to do. But we are all justified in not heeding this advise since TheTVDB --the series scraper most frequently used-- does not insist on prepending 'SeriesName', and after a while it is natural to feel estranged if a scraper doesn't pick up a naming scheme such as I used.

My only issue thereafter is that when the scraped episodes are displayed they are listed not in their numerical order but alphabetically after their episode name -- which is of course absurd.
Hi, thanks for advice..
btw is it possible to make this scraper to be able to search in short name on animedb?
Cause there are shows like [HorribleSubs] NouKome - 02 [1080p].mkv = Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Lovecome o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru
but scraper cant find them.

Btw basicaly for anime its ok to have filename like Anime Name - Episode Number.mkv ? (NouKome - 02.mkv) I tryed that anidb aplet that u posted, but its kinda slow and I wanted to have this automatic.
I'm having a problem were the episodes are not showing under the anime . How must I rename for the episode to to show
(2013-10-21, 19:45)DiMag Wrote:
Have the same problem as Outlaw Mantis: series are scraped OK, yet not episode is picked. Unlike Outlaw Mantis, it was ever so - I never experienced any success with episodes scraping. I usually name my episodes as 1x01-'Episode Name'.ext, which was not picked up. Then I tried Ep01.ext, Ep.01.ext, 1x01.ext - no use.

And then, I did something which did the trick: I prepended 'SeriesName'. With hindsight it should have been clear from the beginning because this is what http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...hows#Files advises you to do. But we are all justified in not heeding this advise since TheTVDB --the series scraper most frequently used-- does not insist on prepending 'SeriesName', and after a while it is natural to feel estranged if a scraper doesn't pick up a naming scheme such as I used.

Episode enumeration occurs in XBMC core, and is independent of the scraper used. I have no idea why some of those (perfectly valid) file names didn't work. As the note at Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Files (wiki) states there is no requirement for the series name to be part of the file name.

(2013-10-21, 19:59)DiMag Wrote:
My only issue thereafter is that when the scraped episodes are displayed they are listed not in their numerical order but alphabetically after their episode name -- which is of course absurd.

Check the sort order while you're in the episode view (usually left slide-out menu - depends on the skin). Make sure it hasn't accidentally been set to "Title" rather than "Episode".

(Again, nothing to do with the scraper.)

(2013-10-23, 14:16)Sp4rh4wk Wrote: Hi, thanks for advice..
btw is it possible to make this scraper to be able to search in short name on animedb?
Cause there are shows like [HorribleSubs] NouKome - 02 [1080p].mkv = Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Lovecome o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru
but scraper cant find them.

Btw basicaly for anime its ok to have filename like Anime Name - Episode Number.mkv ? (NouKome - 02.mkv) I tryed that anidb aplet that u posted, but its kinda slow and I wanted to have this automatic.

There's no current support for short names in the search, however you only need to have the long title as the folder name. The only part of the file name that is used is the episode number.

Actually, the way the search works, you could probably get away with a folder name of "Nou Come" (with the space). It would certainly match against the full show title... It just might match another title better.

This would be the regexp to match against that file name (I think):
Code:
<regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?\.[^.\\/]*$</regexp>

(I can't remember off hand if the file extension is included in the regexp. If it doesn't work try removing everything between the last ? and the $, i.e. the \.[^.\\/]* bit.)

(2013-10-23, 19:11)Saskue Wrote: I'm having a problem were the episodes are not showing under the anime . How must I rename for the episode to to show

If you're looking to rename (and are not too fussed on naming scheme), the simplest route is to pick one of the patterns from Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Files (wiki). Any of them will work without any extra work on your part.

If you have a specific naming scheme in mind, and it's not one of the defaults, I'd suggest reading some of the past posts as this comes up a lot.
instead of renaming directory, can I use tvshow.nfo with aid from anidb? or its renaming the only way?
You can absolutely use an tvshow.nfo, just include "aid=9787" in the file and you're good.
well hope, this will be last question for you Smile

so I renamed all of my old animes that I have via that anidb aplet and set my flexget to rename all anime that will be download to this format

Tokyo Ravens - 03.mkv etc..

my old animes that I renamed via anidb applet have this format:

Fate Zero (2012) - 01 - The Mion River Battle [Commie][HDTV][1280x720][h264][1AA40CC4].mkv

Now I tryed to import them with and without that advancedsettings.xml and ofc tvshow.nfo

Well with advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching action="prepend">
    <regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? \[[^\\/]*$</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

xbmc is able to find all series and I can see all files in there, but only in video->files
if I browse to tv shows, I cant see them at all.. only if I switch from unwatched to watched, I can see animes, but without episodes

Second, if I try import animes without advancedsettings.xml
I cant see even anime series/files in video->files

any suggestion whats Im doing wrong?

Thanks again for great support u providing Smile

P.S. is there any recommended setting for your scraper? cause I can see some settings like searching via google etc..
Can I use this to rename my anime

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TheRenamer

And if possible can you give an example how it should be named

I do not want to use that advance setting thing as it looks like its to complicated and takes to much time
(2013-10-24, 06:34)Sp4rh4wk Wrote:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? \[[^\\/]*$</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Not sure why you thought that regexp would work, it's not the ones in the first post or the one in my post in reply to you.
(That one is for "Series name - 01 [Groupname].mkv" style file names.)

(2013-10-24, 06:34)Sp4rh4wk Wrote: Fate Zero (2012) - 01 - The Mion River Battle [Commie][HDTV][1280x720][h264][1AA40CC4].mkv
Code:
<regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
<regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
(From the first post.)

(2013-10-24, 06:34)Sp4rh4wk Wrote: Tokyo Ravens - 03.mkv
Code:
<regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?\.[^.\\/]*$</regexp>
(Thrown in a equivalent specials handling regexp, e.g. Series Name - S1.mkv)

Stick it all together and you get:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
    <regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
    <regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?\.[^.\\/]*$</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Worth a try.

(2013-10-24, 06:34)Sp4rh4wk Wrote: P.S. is there any recommended setting for your scraper? cause I can see some settings like searching via google etc..

There's a README included in the addon folder that provides brief details on the various settings.

The Google search may or may not help if your folder names deviate too far from anidb, but I don't really put much stock in it. The main setting most people change is "Store anime ID from" to get extra artwork.

@Saskue: Sorry, I'm not too familiar with that renaming tool (or, indeed, any). I try to practice what I preach, so I only use the anidb client for renaming anime (everything else is manual).

Obviously you need one that has some anidb integration, which I know FileBot has, but I don't know about any others. Most are, naturally, TVDB-centric and presumably won't play too well the anidb episode numberings.
scudlee you are best! now everything works great! thanks again for help
(2013-10-23, 19:44)scudlee Wrote:
(2013-10-21, 19:45)DiMag Wrote:

Episode enumeration occurs in XBMC core, and is independent of the scraper used. I have no idea why some of those (perfectly valid) file names didn't work. As the note at Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Files (wiki) states there is no requirement for the series name to be part of the file name.

I haven't posted about this yet since I started just watching anime films for the time being and live action TV shows. The scraper has lost all of its ability in scanning my anime episodes. Take that lightly though, as I'm sure it's not any kind of error on your part. Not only does it not pick up a good few series to begin with (most are picked up), but in all cases I'm pretty sure no episodes were scraped at all. I couldn't figure out the renaming advice you gave me for Outlaw Star. Here is its episode list with the files and the two "specials" renamed, which you said would be scraped and displayed in their correct position in the list:

Quote:[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E01 'Outlaw World'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E02 'World of Desires'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E03 'Into Burning Space'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E04 'When The Hot Ice Melts'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E05 'The Beast Girl, Ready To Pounce'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E06 'The Beautiful Assassin'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E07 'Creeping Evil'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E08 'Forced Departure'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E09 'A Journey of Adventure! Huh'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E10 'Gathering for the Space Race'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E11 'Adrift in Subspace'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E12 'Mortal Combat with the El Dorado'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E13 'Advance Guard from Another World'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E14 'The Final Countdown' [v2]
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E15 'The Seven Emerge'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E16 'Between Life and Machine'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E17 'The Strongest Woman in the Universe'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E18 'Law and Lawlessness'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E19 'Cats and Girls and Spaceships'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E20 'The Grave of the Dragon'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E21 'Gravity Jailbreak'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E22 'Cutting the Galactic Leyline'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E23 'Maze of Despair'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E24 'Return to Space'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered S00E01 'Demon of the Water Planet'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered S00E02 'Tenrei, the Hot Spring Planet'

Before the scraper wouldn't pick up anything at all, I believe it only scraped the "Specials" which were in their own "Season" list with the first season inaccessible. I honestly have no idea what is causing this. This is the first episode of a popular show, Dragon Ball:

Quote:[DBNL] DragonBall - 001 - The Secret of the Dragon Balls [DR][x264[9DA35871]

Previously the episodes scraped fine. (Despite most things not scraping, as I discussed in previous posts.) Not now. Huh

Edit: I wasn't aware of the AniDB client you mentioned, so I'm going to try out FileBot that you mentioned and see if it makes a difference.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8