Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2013-10-23, 19:44)scudlee Wrote:
(2013-10-21, 19:45)DiMag Wrote:
Have the same problem as Outlaw Mantis: series are scraped OK, yet not episode is picked. Unlike Outlaw Mantis, it was ever so - I never experienced any success with episodes scraping. I usually name my episodes as 1x01-'Episode Name'.ext, which was not picked up. Then I tried Ep01.ext, Ep.01.ext, 1x01.ext - no use.

And then, I did something which did the trick: I prepended 'SeriesName'. With hindsight it should have been clear from the beginning because this is what http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...hows#Files advises you to do. But we are all justified in not heeding this advise since TheTVDB --the series scraper most frequently used-- does not insist on prepending 'SeriesName', and after a while it is natural to feel estranged if a scraper doesn't pick up a naming scheme such as I used.

Episode enumeration occurs in XBMC core, and is independent of the scraper used. I have no idea why some of those (perfectly valid) file names didn't work. As the note at Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Files (wiki) states there is no requirement for the series name to be part of the file name.

I haven't posted about this yet since I started just watching anime films for the time being and live action TV shows. The scraper has lost all of its ability in scanning my anime episodes. Take that lightly though, as I'm sure it's not any kind of error on your part. Not only does it not pick up a good few series to begin with (most are picked up), but in all cases I'm pretty sure no episodes were scraped at all. I couldn't figure out the renaming advice you gave me for Outlaw Star. Here is its episode list with the files and the two "specials" renamed, which you said would be scraped and displayed in their correct position in the list:

Quote:[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E01 'Outlaw World'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E02 'World of Desires'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E03 'Into Burning Space'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E04 'When The Hot Ice Melts'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E05 'The Beast Girl, Ready To Pounce'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E06 'The Beautiful Assassin'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E07 'Creeping Evil'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E08 'Forced Departure'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E09 'A Journey of Adventure! Huh'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E10 'Gathering for the Space Race'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E11 'Adrift in Subspace'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E12 'Mortal Combat with the El Dorado'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E13 'Advance Guard from Another World'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E14 'The Final Countdown' [v2]
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E15 'The Seven Emerge'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E16 'Between Life and Machine'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E17 'The Strongest Woman in the Universe'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E18 'Law and Lawlessness'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E19 'Cats and Girls and Spaceships'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E20 'The Grave of the Dragon'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E21 'Gravity Jailbreak'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E22 'Cutting the Galactic Leyline'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E23 'Maze of Despair'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered E24 'Return to Space'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered S00E01 'Demon of the Water Planet'
[OZC]Outlaw Star Remastered S00E02 'Tenrei, the Hot Spring Planet'

Before the scraper wouldn't pick up anything at all, I believe it only scraped the "Specials" which were in their own "Season" list with the first season inaccessible. I honestly have no idea what is causing this. This is the first episode of a popular show, Dragon Ball:

Quote:[DBNL] DragonBall - 001 - The Secret of the Dragon Balls [DR][x264[9DA35871]

Previously the episodes scraped fine. (Despite most things not scraping, as I discussed in previous posts.) Not now. Huh

Edit: I wasn't aware of the AniDB client you mentioned, so I'm going to try out FileBot that you mentioned and see if it makes a difference.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by Outlaw Mantis - 2013-11-07, 14:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8