Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
@scudlee
Let me express thanks and appreciation for his work. The treasure trove that is AniDB.net was foreclosed to me until I started using your scraper.

I herewith ask for help with an issue, and post two feature requests:

ISSUE: One-pass refresh of tvshow(URL).nfo
Just to be sure (and speed up scraping) I put a tvshow.nfo with the aid from anidb at the root of each anime I want to have scraped. The problem with this method is that when you ask XBMC to export its library to nfo files the content of the tvshow.nfo doesn't get refreshed unless you answer the question "Overwrite old nfos?" with "Yes". But you don't want to overwrite all old nfos, just this one in this particular folder.
The only method to achieve this I came up with is to do the initial scraping, then export the database, then rename the tvshow.nfo to anything other than tvshow.nfo, and then (and finally) do a second library export. This time XBMC exports its library content to tvshow.nfo without asking "Overwrite old nfos?" - there is none to overwrite.
Do you have any suggestion how this could be done in one pass?

FEATURE REQUEST, 1: Anime Characters
AniDB.net maintains for each (and all) anime a database of characters, but XBMC knows nothing about characters instead of whom it indexes actors. Evidently this makes little sense in the context of anime - here actors are nothing and characters are everything. It would be lovele to have for each anime a characters database.
Can this extra feature be added to the scraper?
If not, is there a script-based workaround (say, something like the VideoExtras script)?

FEATURE REQUEST, 2: Anime Relationships
AniDB.net maintains for each (and all) anime a database of anime-to-anime relationships in the sense of parent-child (sequel/prequel/alternative version) and similarity of content. It would be very useful to have this sort of relationships displayed in XBMC.
Can this feature be implemented?
If not, is there a workaround? (I do not mean including a note in plot.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by DiMag - 2013-11-09, 10:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8