Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
@LoveJoy: This is something I am working on (although not currently...). The post I mention it and describe how it will work is here.

It all mostly works, I just need to get back to it and fix the last kink, which is actually the bit you mention about putting the individual movies into a set, as there will be three potential set locations - anime-movieset-list.xml (default), themoviedb.org (optional), and then just the "show" title itself from anidb.net. Getting those to work properly together has proven tricky, the current state of the scraper keeps putting every movie into it's own set (which is not good).

@redhalo: The scraper already does pull posters from thetvdb.com, they're just behind the the main poster. If you select "Change Art" from the info screen, every remote poster after the first one will be from thetvdb.org (unless there are any themoviedb.org posters). You can see the full priority list of posters and banners in this post.

I guess though what you're really asking is for thetvdb posters to take priority over anidb... One issue there is that there isn't always a one-to-one relationship between thetvdb and anidb, you would frequently end up with multiple anidb shows having the same thetvdb poster. That said, if you look at the banner priority list you'll see I did separate the cases to use the season banner when available to try to maximize uniqueness. I didn't bother with that for the posters since they're not shown by default anyway - once you're manually choosing the order is largely irrelevant. So it would definitely be possible to do the same for the posters and to then have an option to prioritize thetvdb posters (or more likely de-prioritize the anidb poster) without too much legwork on my part... if there was more call for it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by scudlee - 2014-01-07, 23:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8