Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2014-04-21, 14:04)Public Wrote: I've got a question regarding naming for files where series within a show are separated by symbols attached to the end of the title.
Using your Tagging system to rename files through the AniDB applet, symbol that are non Windows file name compatible, get removed from the title, which 99% of the time works out fine. However I've come across a situation where it causes an issue.

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Code:
<anime anidbid="7532" tvdbid="173271" defaulttvdbseason="1">
    <name>Seitokai Yakuindomo</name>
    <mapping-list>
      <mapping anidbseason="0" tvdbseason="0">;1-0;2-0;</mapping>
    </mapping-list>
</anime>
Seitokai Yakuindomo *
Code:
<anime anidbid="10197" tvdbid="173271" defaulttvdbseason="2">
    <name>Seitokai Yakuindomo *</name>
</anime>

The second is the sequel series to the first, which when named using your tagging rules results in both series have the same name as * is not a valid character for Windows file names, neither series has an official English title either to use as a fall back for differentiation. Is there a recommendation for naming to allow the scrapper to properly detect the difference between the two series? Or is the best option to just set a name for the folder containing the sequel then manually search with the scrapper/use an NFO file?
The is no direct solution to the tagging in this case (i think)
However you can name the folder/files like the listed synonyms on anidb.net to have the anidb scraper detect the show properly.
( http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sho...&aid=10197 click titles)
Goodluck ! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by Joontje - 2014-04-23, 20:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8