Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
You are getting repeat-banned (and possibly increasing your ban duration) by attempting more lookups during the period that you are banned.

I've been fighting with this issue which I think is largely a two-fold issue: Firstly, there is no period between the initial lookup and the attempt to fetch episode information, and secondly, delay is added via a regular expression which to me seems like a delay that can vary greatly depending on hardware (in my case, a NUC with an i5 1.8GHz that turbo-boosts to 2.4GHz, 8GB DDR3-1600 MHz memory and a Intel 535 30GB SSD).

Unfortunately I dont know enough about writing add-ons for Kodi to try and fix this myself (by adding a more reliable method of delay and adding it in between every different lookup).
Additionally, the problem with using Google to look up information is that there are some series (like A-Channel +Smile) which it will not look up under any circumstances, perhaps because its stripping certain characters?), if you do.

Turns out, if you use Google, you now risk getting your client temporarily(?) banned by Google.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by debdrup - 2015-01-04, 20:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8